Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your (honest) opinion on these 2 outfits for lectures? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been experimenting with colour and layering recently. I've put together two new outfits and I think they look satisfactory, but there's a niggling doubt in the back of my mind that they may be too 'wacky' for stuffy law lectures.

Outfit 1: Patchwork dress layared ontop of poloneck, jeans and tan boots:

Outfit 2: Wine pinafore dress layered ontop of teal puff-cuffed poloneck, teal tights and tan mary janes:

Which do you like best?

Honest opinions please people. I won't neg.

If you have any suggestions for tweeks and improvements, those would be welcome.

Also, what other outfits would go with these sexy tan shoes:

ReputationRep:
    Are they both not a bit OTT?

ReputationRep:
    They're fine, loads of people go into lectures like that.

I mean I always think wooooah, what time did they get up to actually look half decent, but yeah, they look nice.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're a bit much for lectures, more going out-ish.

Where are those boots from?!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the first outfit! Not keen on the 2nd one at all.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's too much going on in both outfits, something doesn't look right. You look a bit too bulky even though as far as I can see you have a good figure.

ReputationRep:
    Think the top ones fine, but can't really imagine someone wearing the 2nd to any of my lectures, maybe law students are more into their clothes though?

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer the first one, really like it! But that's just my taste, the second one I'm not so keen on. But I don't see why you couldn't wear either to lectures if they are your style.

ReputationRep:
    The first one is miles better, in the second the colours clash quite considerably and don't do a favour for your shape

ReputationRep:
    The first outfit is nice! but the second one im not to sure about..

ReputationRep:
    Definately number 1. I don't know why, but two doesn't do it for me.

By the way, Tufts, have I ever told you that you're gorgeous?

ReputationRep:
    I like the first one, but the second one has really badly matching colours! Looks farmgirlesque.

ReputationRep:
    First one is nice but second...meh

ReputationRep:
    Number one for sure. It looks very day-ish [lol]

#2 is nice also, though I think you'd need a brighter red for the dress.

ReputationRep:
    The first is much nicer.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're fine :-) They're lovely in fact. The first one is definitely better...it's stunning!...I think the tights and the polo neck clash with the tan shoes a bit in the second outfit so i\d be tempted to opt for another colour.
    Maybe a nice sweater dress would look gorgeous with those shoes...again though I would be well tempted to steer away from teal with the shoes. They are lovely shoes but they really don't seem to go with the tights (though it could just be the light of the pic...?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Are they both not a bit OTT?
    That was my concern, although I like the look of both

(Original post by Pink_Puffin)
    I prefer the first outfit! Not keen on the 2nd one at all.
    Can you elleborate? What do you dislike about it?

(Original post by Adhsur)
    I think there's too much going on in both outfits, something doesn't look right. You look a bit too bulky even though as far as I can see you have a good figure.
    What would you suggest for toning down?

Also re: bulky, which parts are bulky? Can you elleborate on that?

Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    first one is great :yep:

the second one.... um.. :no:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't blink at either outfit in lectures, I've seen so much more bizarre...maybe I just go to a wacky uni...

I wouldn't even say they were wacky. Frankly I like the second one better, but I seem to disagree with popular consensus.

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure about the tan&teal combination.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.