Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is your (honest) opinion on these 2 outfits for lectures? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Really like the first one, not at all keen on the second I'm afraid. Makes you look a bit bulky - the side profile n nice, but from the front I'm not taken.
    As for lectures, I don't see why not! People wear whatever, and I don't think anyone would be concerned that you'd put in too muh effort or whatever. They're more than the usual jeans and hoody, i'll give you that =p but I don't think they're inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I think there's too much going on in both outfits, something doesn't look right. You look a bit too bulky even though as far as I can see you have a good figure.
    I agree here too. You look like you have a lovely figure but I don't think the shape of the second dress is good for you. You could try wearing the belt a little lower though. Also it's a bit of a washed out colour...somebody mentioned wearing a brighter red...I think this would look better.

ReputationRep:
    First one is nice but maybe it's got a little too much tan going on. I wouldn't wear the belt just to keep it simpler.

I love the contrast in colours in the second but the top looks a little bulky under the dress and the tan belt doesn't really go.

ReputationRep:
    You look like kes out of star trek voyager in the second one. The first one would do I guess, just be you.

ReputationRep:
    They're both outrageous, the first one's nice though
    The second one.. not going to lie, could be a smurf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Also, what other outfits would go with these sexy tan shoes:

Cute shoes. If I had em, I'd probably throw together an outfit like this,

white skirt

brown leather jacket

pretty girly top in cream/brown

ReputationRep:
    IMO they're both cute and original but maybe the second one needs a different undertop/belt as I think the sleeves are maybe a bit too much
    apart from that i like both of them

ReputationRep:
    Would you hate me if I said that, along with the problems I've just discussed in that PM, number two makes you look like a Rah. I mean, there's no Pashmina there but, still....

:laugh: Tufts as a rah.....

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous, like you!

ReputationRep:
    I like them both, the second looks nice on you i think, your pretty enough to pull it off, Where are those shoes from in the second? theyre gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    i like the first one if u ditch the poloneck and swap it for a brown (long or short up to u) cardi instead *not a fan of layering*

ReputationRep:
    1st. trust me. im a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    First outfit: Nice

Second outfit: A little OTT

ReputationRep:
    First is ok

Second is

Still you need to tone things down, simple elegance is the key IMO.

ReputationRep:
    whoa :eek: you look JUST like my friend, like you could actually be her...freakily similar

but on topic...i definatley like the first outfit! the second one..the sleeves freak me out a bit

ReputationRep:
    I'm so pleased I'm a guy It's so much easier for us - stick a nice jumper and a pair of jeans on and you're good to go :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Neither looks awful and they look like they can keep you warm enough. I do love the items of clothing in your second one, just not the way you've paired them up. The blue top in your second post looks lovely, where did you get it from?

ReputationRep:
    Not far off Kes at all I guess:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlyly)
    maybe law students are more into their clothes though?
    I'm obsessed with clothes :p: I'm not sure if that's related to studying law.

Although peeps do call me 'legally blonde' :shifty:

(Original post by poossum)
    The first one is miles better, in the second the colours clash quite considerably and don't do a favour for your shape
    You have a good point. I think the pinafore needs to be slightly flared to flatter my shape better.

(Original post by River85)
    Definately number 1. I don't know why, but two doesn't do it for me.

By the way, Tufts, have I ever told you that you're gorgeous?
    Well get your finger out and attend a Durham meet :p: I'll wear Outfit 1.

(Original post by xTazx)
    I like the first one, but the second one has really badly matching colours! Looks farmgirlesque.
    farmgirlesque :laugh:

(Original post by Hikari)
    Number one for sure. It looks very day-ish [lol]
    Day-ish?

(Original post by Emmaleuk)
    I think they're fine :-) They're lovely in fact. The first one is definitely better...it's stunning!...I think the tights and the polo neck clash with the tan shoes a bit in the second outfit so i\d be tempted to opt for another colour.
    Maybe a nice sweater dress would look gorgeous with those shoes...again though I would be well tempted to steer away from teal with the shoes. They are lovely shoes but they really don't seem to go with the tights (though it could just be the light of the pic...?)
    Thank you. Those are helpful comments. What colour would you suggest to go with those shoes? What kind of outfit? Sweater dress is a nice idea :yep:

(Original post by thatwhichiam)

I wouldn't even say they were wacky. Frankly I like the second one better, but I seem to disagree with popular consensus.
    What do you like about it?

The second outfit is my retro sassy side speaking :p:

(Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Really like the first one, not at all keen on the second I'm afraid. Makes you look a bit bulky - the side profile n nice, but from the front I'm not taken.
    As for lectures, I don't see why not! People wear whatever, and I don't think anyone would be concerned that you'd put in too muh effort or whatever. They're more than the usual jeans and hoody, i'll give you that =p but I don't think they're inappropriate.
    Thanks. I've never worn a hoody to a lecture yet. Now they are bulky! :eek:

(Original post by marlyly)
    Cute shoes. If I had em, I'd probably throw together an outfit like this,

white skirt

brown leather jacket

pretty girly top in cream/brown
    Now that's worth rep! :drool:

Do you have a dress outfit for those shoes? I prefer dresses :yep:

(Original post by paulocoelho<3)
    i like the first one if u ditch the poloneck and swap it for a brown (long or short up to u) cardi instead *not a fan of layering*
    What shade of brown for the cardigan? I chose the poloneck because its colllllllld up here in Durham

(Original post by sofee)
    the second one..the sleeves freak me out a bit
    hehe but I love the sleeves

(Original post by Student2806)
    I'm so pleased I'm a guy It's so much easier for us - stick a nice jumper and a pair of jeans on and you're good to go :cool:
    Bit boring though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Bit boring though :p:
    Perfect for lectures though
    I scrub up nice when it's necessary :p:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.