Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your (honest) opinion on these 2 outfits for lectures? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the second dress would look better with the black polo neck and black tights!

ReputationRep:
    Not to be rude but.
    Does it actually matter how you look in lectures??

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, unusual, I like it.

I stay away from colours (black, gray and white are my staples), you've inspired me to be braver. The second one looks more like weekend shopping kind of outfit. Wear what you feel comfy in to lectures, and you look comfy enough, not try-hard or OTT as suggested. I think you look great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Life is too short to reserve outfits purely for 'going out'.

Also, lectures for me involve 2 hours travelling on trains also.
    :eek:

2 hours??? well i woudn't dress up like that for lectures, but hey if you like dressing up then its no biggie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Life is too short to reserve outfits purely for 'going out'.

Also, lectures for me involve 2 hours travelling on trains also.

The pussybow on that cardigan would be a little too much and clash with the dress no?

Awesome shade of brown though. yummy.

Coolio Are there any of your outfits on TSR? Id like to look

Can you ellaborate?

woah! Subliminal! :eek: :eek: :eek: - and damn funny :laugh:

Awesome ideas! That teal top is actually a long top/dress! I'll team it with some black tights and those tan mary janes then take a pic when I have time :yep:
    If you like the colour of the peacocks cardi, BAY Trading currently have a gorgeous sweater dress in a similar colour that ties at the neck. I tried it on the other day (i'm 5ft 1...so small too!) and it's really flattering. It would look awesome with your brown shoes. It could be brightened up with a colourful scarf (I find purple goes nice with brown and green would be nice and autumn-y) or some chunky beads :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnitJanet)
    I like them both but I honestly think the first one would look better without the polo neck underneath... do you have a vest or something you could wear instead?
    It does look better, but its way too cold with the chiffon material and short sleeves

(Original post by Fleece)
    The first one would be alright, but lose the polo neck.
    How? I'm in Durham. It's freeeeezing up here.

ReputationRep:
    i like the first one maybe a bit ott for lectures though considering i go looking like a hobo

ReputationRep:
    I like outfit 1, I would get rid of the belt, however...and is that a mulberry???

I like outfit 2 in principle but the dress doesn't fit right.

tbh, I don't like the idea of wearing a polo under a normal dress as you have done in outfit 1 - though you do manage to pull it off! A fitted cardi would look far better, imo.

I wear tea dresses, tights and heels to lectures on a regular basis...no harm in getting dolled up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    It does look better, but its way too cold with the chiffon material and short sleeves

wear a cardi over and a scarf with your coat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)

Unless it's as cold in your lecture as it is outside, I'm not sure how it's a problem. Just whack a cardi on, a scarf and a thick coat for when you're out in the cold.

EDIT: haha, just noticed minimo wrote the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Really like the first one...really dont like the second one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    A fitted cardi would look far better, imo.
    Yes quite a few people have said that. But a fitted cardy would not work with the puffed sleeves on that dress

ReputationRep:
    OOh yes one of those big long cardies over the first dress would look great

ReputationRep:
    OP i was just wondering, how are you going to make up your mind on what to wear for all the other lectures you have?

Quite liking the first one, not keen on the 2nd one at all.

However I am loving the shoes and hair, fabulous

ReputationRep:
    firstly, your really pretty :yep: lol

and the 1st outfit id go for. and those boots are just gorgeous!!!!!! and where did you get that dress/top from?? xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Yes quite a few people have said that. But a fitted cardy would not work with the puffed sleeves on that dress
    hmmmmm, good point In that case I hate to say it but maybe just keep it for summer then?

ReputationRep:
    I love the first one, where did you get that dress from?

ReputationRep:
    Really like the first one, 2nd one makes you look larger than you are. No offense or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're significantly overthinking this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.