Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A little confused/suspicious of girlfriend watch

Announcements

Keep annon as I have friends who use this site.

I have been going out with this girl for about a month on so and things in general have been really good but today she accidently sent me a text which made me a bit paranoid/suspicious. She told me that tonight she was going 'round a mates' which is fair enuf etc. But then I got a text saying 'hehe wat time do u want me to come round anyways? yeah i bin doing work in my pjs, are you gona be town tuesday i will be with a few ppl probs'. She relised that she sent it 2me and said '**** sorry that wasnt meant 4u, i keep sending ppl the wrong texts recently, have a good evening'. I dunno wether i should just ignore this, or be paranoid about it, its summin which has been worrying me alot over the past few hours. (confused)

ReputationRep:
    I think she's trying to make you jealous or trying to get your attention.

ReputationRep:
    What on earth is wrong with that text ?
    x

ReputationRep:
    ...maybe that text was meant for the friend she was going round to see....? Am i missing something?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're being paranoid to be honest, if that's all you've got to go on.

ReputationRep:
    Lol hes not, she clearly lied to him. Any way dont read that much into it, but if you see any more signs that she might be cheating, try questioning it a bit. In any case the final step is the easiest, dumping the *****.

ReputationRep:
    I can see how you can be paranoid. I mean, there's no need on her part to tell her friend about being in her pajamas. It does sound a little flirty, but I wouldn't worry at all. There is a large gap between the slight flirticious comment it could be portrayed as and anything actually going on between them and making a big deal about it to her would just make things a lot worse.

If things feel like they are going well between you two, they generally are. Just enjoy yourself and don't start suffocating her with paranoia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamolxes)
    Lol hes not, she clearly lied to him. Any way dont read that much into it, but if you see any more signs that she might be cheating, try questioning it a bit. In any case the final step is the easiest, dumping the *****.
    I think YOU may be a little paranoid . . .
    Why do you think she lied to him ?!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_x)
    I think YOU may be a little paranoid . . .
    Why do you think she lied to him ?!
    x
    "She told me that tonight she was going 'round a mates' "
    "hehe wat time do u want me to come round anyways? "

Because she lied about her whearabouts? I don't know? maybe thats a clear indicator? And how am i paranoid? i told him not to read too much into it, its probably nothing, maybe shes trying to make him jelous, WHO KNOWS. Point is if he sees more of this...he should watch out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what's wrong with that text - she was obviously meant to send it to the person she was going to see and I don't see any signs of flirting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamolxes)
    "She told me that tonight she was going 'round a mates' "
    "hehe wat time do u want me to come round anyways? "
    How do those two statements contradict each other in ANY way ?
    x

ReputationRep:
    or is she trying to make him suspicious and dump her because she hasn't got the guts to do it herself?

ReputationRep:
    So, she said she was going to a friends... she sent a text to a friend, asking what time she should come round... and you're suspicious???

ReputationRep:
    There is almost definately no chance she is cheating on you/well nothing in that text indicates it. Just ask her about her evening tomorow perhaps and she will tell you about all the boring details of a girly night i'm sure and you'll never have been so pleased to be bored so much :P

Hope it's all okay, Sam

ReputationRep:
    Because she said she was going out with friends. She would at least know waht they were doing and when. Also it sounds like shes going to some one's house rather than going on an outing by the wording she used. And its directed at one person. The way she speaks indicates it is probably male. And asking if hes out of town next weekend? and that she'd probably be with some friends? As in..he could come but he should behave himself as to not give stuff away? I dont know like i said, dont read too much into it, i am reading too much into it because im trying to prove a point. It could be interpreted it as suspicious. She also sounds very flirty in the message. Its not something to worry about but some people are flaming me for saying its kinda suspicious. Im just trying to show how.. Given that suspicious isnt that strong of a word.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm,dont you trust her???I think you're just paranoid.There's nothing suspicious about that text.

ReputationRep:
    So, she said she was going to a friends... she sent a text to a friend, asking what time she should come round... and you're suspicious???
    This.

Lol hes not, she clearly lied to him.
    or is she trying to make him suspicious and dump her because she hasn't got the guts to do it herself?
    Not these.

Because she said she was going out with friends. She would at least know waht they were doing and when. Also it sounds like shes going to some one's house rather than going on an outing by the wording she used.
    I disagree. When I say I'm going out with friends that could very well mean we're going to someone's house, and just because I know I'm seeing someone doesn't mean I know the time I should be there far in advance. I think you're reading way too much into this. I understand, I would probably react the same way, but objectively I don't see any cause for concern.

ReputationRep:
    Yes stop repeating what i said. I said im reading too much into this, and the OP SHOULDNT. I'm just showing how it COULD be suspicious as some people completly dismissed it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.