The Student Room Group

Why are they looking at me ?

So I wear a suit once a week to college.

I have noticed that 2 girl have stared at me.

Whenever I look at them they quickly look away.

What does that mean ?

One of them has a boyfriend.

If I talk to them what do they think of me in the inside.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ask them.
*sigh* they are probably wondering why you are wearing a suit, after all, why else are you wearing it but for attention? unless they've made suits a lot more comfortable since I last tried.
I am not the only who is wearing a suit.

I do get complements that my suit is nice from boys.
Original post by peteryoungy
I am not the only who is wearing a suit.

I do get complements that my suit is nice from boys.

To college? The staff don't count btw.

I don't think I've ever seen a single student in college wearing a suit over several years, they would stick out like a sore thumb with a tie on it.
We used to have a guy who wore a suit to sixth form. Everyone respected the drip. Maybe that’s what the girls are doing
They're staring because you're dressed differently. They look away quickly because they realise they've been caught staring / gossiping about why you're wearing a suit. It doesn't necessarily mean they're interested, if that's what you were wondering (given you stated the relationship status of one).
(edited 1 year ago)
some more fyi

About 40% of boys wear a suit.

As I am into fashion and being well presented the suits I wear they are perfect.

I have even tailored it to my size.

Basically my suit is the best when I compare the rules of a suit to others.
some more fyi

As I am into fashion and being well presented the suits I wear they are perfect.

Next week why don’t you wear a thobe with a bisht cloak? Top it off with a red shemagh and golden egal. That will get more girls looking at you
some more fyi

I'm not arguing that I don't like suits, but 40% of boys in a college wearing suits sounds evidently disprovable madness to me? I drove past my old college today, not one suit did I see?

When we say college do we mean the same thing, a further education/vocational college? rather than something distinctly fancier like Oxford's Balliol or Brasenose? and we're talking about a 2 or 3 piece with shoes, short and tie?

Like I've attended 4 colleges and can't recall any male student in a suit? Whatever the % is it's not 40%?

What does that mean ?

is this a common trend that you have noticed or did they only stare at you once??
Original post by StriderHort
I'm not arguing that I don't like suits, but 40% of boys in a college wearing suits sounds evidently disprovable madness to me? I drove past my old college today, not one suit did I see?

When we say college do we mean the same thing, a further education/vocational college? rather than something distinctly fancier like Oxford's Balliol or Brasenose? and we're talking about a 2 or 3 piece with shoes, short and tie?

Like I've attended 4 colleges and can't recall any male student in a suit? Whatever the % is it's not 40%?

sixth form in a secondary school.

80% wear quite formal things.

my extreme bad.
They're clearly in awe of how one person can seek so much attention on an online forum.
Original post by Faisal101
Next week why don’t you wear a thobe with a bisht cloak? Top it off with a red shemagh and golden egal. That will get more girls looking at you

I heard going butt naked catches everyone's attention.
sixth form in a secondary school.

80% wear quite formal things.

my extreme bad.

Ah ok that's a wee bit different, and I'd agree generally a more formal environment for pupils in general. In a FE/Vocational college you would stand out a lot more in a suit among 99.9% jeans/tracks/leisure.
Original post by StriderHort
Ah ok that's a wee bit different, and I'd agree generally a more formal environment for pupils in general. In a FE/Vocational college you would stand out a lot more in a suit among 99.9% jeans/tracks/leisure.

again back to the question. or should i next time just speak and laugh on why they are looking at me.
again back to the question. or should i next time just speak and laugh on why they are looking at me.

Well yeah, in that context they may just like the suit, as it sets you aside a bit more from the rest, esp if well tailored when the rest have a government issue shirt and tie.
Original post by Other_Owl
I heard going butt naked catches everyone's attention.

fax. Optimal drip

What does that mean ?

you wear it once a week to college. Do the girls notice you on the days you are not wearing a suit? if its just 'suit day' then its the suit that they are looking at.
Original post by Ghostlady
you wear it once a week to college. Do the girls notice you on the days you are not wearing a suit? if its just 'suit day' then its the suit that they are looking at.

coming to thinking about it. I think ur right. To be more certain I will pay attention of whether they are looking at me even without a suit.

Quick Reply

Latest