Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I used to want to work for MI5!

ReputationRep:
    Someone's been watching spooks.

(Original post by Student2806)
    Just read about the bit about it taking up to 6 months to process your application
    yes, talk about efficientcy from a government organisatrion.

The civil service doesn't even take this long and they aren't even that Niche lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    yes, talk about efficientcy from a government organisatrion.

The civil service doesn't even take this long and they aren't even that Niche lol
    I *think* im ok in saying i've applied to Mi5, for admin assistant...got an interview but decided not to go. Oh well, anyway it takes so long due to vetting, you- family members, friends you've told etc.

ReputationRep:
    I wish...

https://www.mi5careers.gov.uk/jobs.aspx

http://www.sis.gov.uk/output/register-apply.html

Yep, I was approached by MI5 they said I had the expertise to do the job.

They wanted me to seduce female spies and gather intelligiance. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Yes, I was approached and asked to undertake foreign surveillance missions, mainly in Iran because of my fluent Kurdish. It's not that exciting or anything, they set me up with a job in a defence firm, and I just took photos of some of the things they were making. I was silently laughing when they got all excited about using pigeons as suicide bombers. Pigeons fly back to where they were born, those idiots. :rolleyes:

Were you actually approached by them or are you messing about? (Sorry didnt read first two pages of this thread :p: )

OT, I do hear they go around certain unis, with a list of relevant languagues > see if people can speak them and are willing to work for them ..etc.. all hush-hush :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Bear)
    LOL 24k salary? ******* hell these terrorists must be ****, if I earned 24k a year I wouldn't give a **** about my job.
    More than I'll be getting for a couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to say if you are. Haven't you watched any spy movies :p: Or Men In Black (yeah I know it's not either but it demonstrates my point).

ReputationRep:
    GCHQ came and gave us a talk on carers because I do intelligence, strategy and war fighting as my degree.

ReputationRep:
    They asked me to infiltrate The Student Room.

Oh ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Bear)
    I was. It sucks having Bin Laden as your dad.
    Oppressed by the man, eh? Commiserations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    You have to apply to them.
    It's not like in the movies - they actually have a careers website where they advertise jobs.

Yeah
    their interviews are completley random, though
    they might even just be the guy at a bar who asks you something
    you never know :P
    and yes, I do know this because a person I know wanted to go there. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    They asked me to infiltrate The Student Room.

Oh ****.
    What're your conclusions? :ninja: :p:

I'm thinking airstrike on the servers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne)
    What're your conclusions? :ninja: :p:
    What a ********.

ReputationRep:
    I once saw a job ad in The Psychologist looking for Psych graduates to develop some psychometrics for MI5. Was pretty nice pay, too.

ReputationRep:
    They approach candidates who are INTERNAL, in other words those people who work in the Civil Service and especially Police Officers. Otherwise you need to apply online and do this extremely long and tedious assessment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.