Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the AQA English Lit - and i'm struggling quite a bit sadly
    I stupidly didn't revise that much for my AS exams and i got a borderline D in my AS so i'm re-sitting all my English exams - Millers tale and & All my sons, Spies, and Much a do about nothing.

I really need to do well in the january re-sits otherwise i probably won't be able to carry on with the course - i had to beg to be allowed to carry on to do it A level.

Doing badly has really knocked my confidence but I really need to do well so any revision tips or anything would be helpful

I've really lost interest in 6th form 2, and just want to get it over and done with, can't wait 2 go to uni

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Work your ass of for 2 years, then you can relax a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    Look through the notes in the novels, make character profiles, make key quote and chapter sheets, assessment criteria and know the correct terminology.

ReputationRep:
    same im doing AQA got a D
    re-taking wise children , beowulf and tis pity shes a whore, so not doing the same as you but im going through york notes, re-readings the tests , jotting down quotes, themes and so on and working on essay writing skills
    past papers never hurt

ReputationRep:
    york notes, talk about the main themes with other people whilst trying to incorporate quotes into the conversation. read the yourk notes, re-read the texts and if you are allowed to take the text in with you carefully annotate the text so that you make the most of what you are allowed to take in but without risking disqualification.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Get the york notes for AMS and The Millers prologue and Tale. I used this for my exam and got an A. Also try and learn the AOs and using the right terminology. Use this thread, which helped me a lot http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post12790932. Apart from that, I hated unit 3, so good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahGranton)
    I'm doing the AQA English Lit - and i'm struggling quite a bit sadly
    I stupidly didn't revise that much for my AS exams and i got a borderline D in my AS so i'm re-sitting all my English exams - Millers tale and & All my sons, Spies, and Much a do about nothing.

I really need to do well in the january re-sits otherwise i probably won't be able to carry on with the course - i had to beg to be allowed to carry on to do it A level.

Doing badly has really knocked my confidence but I really need to do well so any revision tips or anything would be helpful

I've really lost interest in 6th form 2, and just want to get it over and done with, can't wait 2 go to uni

thanks
    I did AQA English Lit. too, and I found revision for it very hard.

Just make sure in all the exams where you are allowed your texts (All of them except the Modern Novel module, as far as I'm aware) that you have annotated all of the poems etc. in as much detail as possible. This will help provide a starting point for any essay you have to write, just make sure you can develop any points you make in your annotations.

As far as the modern novel goes, I just picked about 5-10 key themes and revised a few quotes for each, seemed to work pretty well as on that particular module I got 90/90. Then again our teacher did predict the question was going to be about fatherhood (which it won't be again, sadly) and thus I put more emphasis on revising that.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember what last summer's Hardy questions were?

I think the first one was something to do with fate, vaguely remember writing about it... but does anyone know the exact wording of the questions? Would be much appreciated...

I got a B, but I could have done sooooo much better, so am resitting this.

:]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.