This discussion is closed.
sezmeister
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Heya i'm new here, i've applied to study Chinese and French next year and i was wondering which uni people would choose out of Edinburgh and Leeds. i'm really stuck as Edinburgh's beautiful and has a better reputation but as i live in Birmingham it's quite far away. Thanx!
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd go for Leeds.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sezmeister)
Heya i'm new here, i've applied to study Chinese and French next year and i was wondering which uni people would choose out of Edinburgh and Leeds. i'm really stuck as Edinburgh's beautiful and has a better reputation but as i live in Birmingham it's quite far away. Thanx!
I applied to both for German
IMO Edinburgh is so beautiful, you gotta go there!
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh hands down.
sezmeister
Rep:
?
Hmmm it's winning in my head at the moment as well, i'll just have to get over the homesickness!
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So what if it's far away! Edinburgh any day.
scruffypippin
Report 14 years ago
My cousin had this choice for Chinese (I think?), but whilst Edinburgh is an infinitely more beautiful, cultural and exciting place, she chose Leeds on the strength of them offering a year in China. I don't know if this has any bearing on you but hope it helps. But Edinburgh is amazing.
sezmeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by scruffypippin)
My cousin had this choice for Chinese (I think?), but whilst Edinburgh is an infinitely more beautiful, cultural and exciting place, she chose Leeds on the strength of them offering a year in China. I don't know if this has any bearing on you but hope it helps. But Edinburgh is amazing.
Thanx very much for this advice, i've checked and Edinburgh offer the year in China now too. I think i need to visit them again to make my final decision. Thanx!
Helvetica
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sezmeister)
Thanx very much for this advice, i've checked and Edinburgh offer the year in China now too. I think i need to visit them again to make my final decision. Thanx!

Edinburgh no doubt!!!
*hedgehog*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree, definitely Edinburgh!
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I say Leeds....Edinburgh is full of snobs :p:
frank4king
Report 14 years ago
For purely reputation, I'd say Edinburgh, but Leeds is a fantastic place to live and much cheaper than Edinburgh. Better nightlife and music scene too.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm at Leeds. It's alright, but not brilliant. Go to Edinburgh.
messy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh all the way - i am so glad that i came here and yes it is a long way form home for me too but it is so nice here that i love having two homes albeit they are very different!
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by quadrocat)
I'm at Leeds. It's alright, but not brilliant. Go to Edinburgh.
This may sound strange but you're the first person I've noticed say anything just okay-ish about Leeds; most people who study there absolutely love it. Not my opinion, just an observation.
Redx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Edinburgh all the way baby!!!

Amazing university
Amazing student life
Amazing city/culture

Just AMAZING!!!!!

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed