Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had one of these memory foam mattresses for a long time? How are you finding it? I'm thinking of buying one but am unsure because I'm worried they might get a bit "worn out" after some years and won't retain the same memory foam feel to it...

ReputationRep:
    I've had mine for a year, it's well worth it. The fisrt time I got it my bed felt like a brand new bed, I couldn't live without it now!

ReputationRep:
    When I bought a mattress this summer, I enquired about memory foam mattresses and the bloke in the shop said that for the price that they are, they don't last as long as sprung mattresses, also he didn't recommend them if you are prone to getting hot at night.
    Apparently pocket sprung mattresses are just as comfy and mould to your body like memory foam and last longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dream_er)
    I've had mine for a year, it's well worth it. The fisrt time I got it my bed felt like a brand new bed, I couldn't live without it now!
    Does it still feel the same as when you first bought it?

ReputationRep:
    My rents have one and I've tried sleeping on it - gives me a bad back! I find it too firm. Maybe I'm just weird though, I always sleep best on my mattress which is really soft, and that gives other people bad backs but I love it!

ReputationRep:
    Too lazy to google right now - average price of a double memory foam mattress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cunning Linguist)
    Has anyone had one of these memory foam mattresses for a long time? How are you finding it? I'm thinking of buying one but am unsure because I'm worried they might get a bit "worn out" after some years and won't retain the same memory foam feel to it...
    Long time no see. how's it going?

ReputationRep:
    My mum's had one for a few years, and she hates it. It gets REALLY hot at night - it's freezing here in the evenings, but she's still got the summer duvet on... I'd spend your cash on a decent pocket sprung.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufu)
    Long time no see. how's it going?
    Yusuf!! Man how are you?! What you doing now? You finish this year don't ya? What you gonna do after your degree?

Lol these people are probably thinking what the hell..

Anyway I think I'm gonna get pocket sprung

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    Too lazy to google right now - average price of a double memory foam mattress?
    Well it ranges from bout 280-400. A decent one is about 300.

ReputationRep:
    Memory foam mattresses are "da lick".

Seriously, i cannot sleep without one now...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've had mine a few months now- love it.

Nan has had hers for YEARS and it's still good

We bought the 10yr guarantee on ours so just in case it DOES get 'worn out' we get a new one

ReputationRep:
    I just have the pillow version... I love it. Though it can be a little troubling to wake up to an imprint of your mug on the pillow - it can last a good couple of minutes. That's my top 'pro' for memory foam.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has one and I'm envious. It's so comfortable. It must be a few years old because it'd be secondhand but it feels like new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cunning Linguist)
    Does it still feel the same as when you first bought it?
    Yep, it still feels the same. If you're going to get one make sure you invest in a really good one, I know you can get non-brand ones which aren't quite as good as the more expensive ones.

ReputationRep:
    another thumbs up here i have a memory foam mattress at home and what i wouldnt give to have it up in uni really need to invest in a memory foam topper only like 50-60 quid for a good one will be a big improvment on the bed of nails i have at the moment

ReputationRep:
    I had one, it was comfy but absorbs heat which makes you overheat at night. Got rid of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.