The Student Room Group

HC3 Help with health costs

Hi everyone,

I've just been sent a HC3 certificate for 'help' with health costs, but there's no way I can afford to pay what they expect. I have a disability and am on a lot of medication. I completely expected a HC2 form like I got in 6th form and don't know what to do now. Is it because I'm living at home and didn't put down any rent costs? Is there any way of saying I have to pay living costs to my mum? Please help! PS. Am disgusted that they count student loan, which you have to pay back, as income!

xxx
Reply 1
It's because your loan works out (per week) more than what the government says you need to live on. Your student loan is what you live on - therefore, income.
Reply 2
You might be better off with a pre-payment for prescription costs.
If youget more than 4 items in 3 months, pre-payment is better than HC3

It takes ages according to my boss
Reply 4
The 12 month pre-payemtn things work out cheaper than 3 month ones.
Titch89
The 12 month pre-payemtn things work out cheaper than 3 month ones.

If you can fork out around £100 in one payment

It is much ebtter though

I try my hardest to sell it at work
Reply 6
charmed329
Hi everyone,

I've just been sent a HC3 certificate for 'help' with health costs, but there's no way I can afford to pay what they expect. I have a disability and am on a lot of medication. I completely expected a HC2 form like I got in 6th form and don't know what to do now. Is it because I'm living at home and didn't put down any rent costs? Is there any way of saying I have to pay living costs to my mum? Please help! PS. Am disgusted that they count student loan, which you have to pay back, as income!

xxx

They don't count "rent" paid to parents as outgoings. It only counts if you are living away from home.

Latest

Trending

Trending