Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi people, i'm 17 and haven't started my periods yet, and was quite enjoying it actually. Ive got a doctor's appointment soon regarding it, and an mri scan booked. However, yesterday, i got this wierd stuff on my underwear.. it weren't even red so i didnt think it would be a period. I dismissed it and changed. However today, after a day out, its happened again. The colour is a browny one.. i don't know, is this the day i've been dreading??

please help.. dont get freaked out!

also.. ive had no pain or cramps at all :s

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the beginning of a period! Most women's periods start off as a browny mucus discharge. And don't worry that you haven't got any cramps, not all women do - be grateful that you haven't!

ReputationRep:
    lol yh ...could be your period coming.

aaaarrgghh what do i do. I am not prepared!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ^Lol...you don't need to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi people, i'm 17 and haven't started my periods yet, and was quite enjoying it actually. Ive got a doctor's appointment soon regarding it, and an mri scan booked. However, yesterday, i got this wierd stuff on my underwear.. it weren't even red so i didnt think it would be a period. I dismissed it and changed. However today, after a day out, its happened again. The colour is a browny one.. i don't know, is this the day i've been dreading??

please help.. dont get freaked out!

also.. ive had no pain or cramps at all :s
    The transition from girl to woman has come!

ReputationRep:
    Erm well there's nothing to do other than wear sanitary towels or tampons!

ReputationRep:
    Put a towel on, or use a tampon? Either one will work fine. I wasn't prepared when my period came along when I was 8 years old. Early or late, it's the same sort of thing for all girls (ish).

ReputationRep:
    ^Loool 8 OMG...i got mines at 12 or something......

ReputationRep:
    tampons... sanitary towels may be best first actually. then do nothing just act normal.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a period! Go get some sanitary towels or tampons (since you're new to this, try slim ones with an applicator )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopykitten!)
    tampons... sanitary towels may be best first actually. then do nothing just act normal.
    Lol yh...I think you should try pads first:yep: .

uh ohh... i have no pads at home. Will i survive till tomorow? I have a driving lesson at 9am

what do i dooooooooo

im so sorry if im being irritating!!

ReputationRep:
    Ask your mum for some maybe.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.