The Student Room Group

Covid or just a cold/ chills ?

I had woke up yesterday and felt quite under the weather . Was laying at my nans house with a blanket yet was still chilly even with 2 blankets! Everyone else was fine + i was quite shaky and also very warm temperatures.

I just had a few hour sleep and woke up to my legs being so warm and boiling and taking off my blanket then made me colder .

I just took a covid test and has come back negative ( might do another 2 times to be safe )

Also i was quite unsteady walking and dizzy . Does anyone know what this could possibly be ?

Im a 20 year old male
Hi this sounds very similar to the flu rather than a cold or Covid. Fluids are really important and sleep is your best friend. If you start to get worse make sure to call your doctor or 111/999. I had the flu last year and it really takes it out of you. Hope you recover soon.
You could do a covid test...
I was sick for two days and the results of the covid test came negative, the third day I felt fine but the result came back positive.
Did PCR test to confirm it and it was positive, it remained positive for a week while I already felt good... Covid is weird, either do a PCR test or rest for a few days with as little contact as possible and do a daily tests for a week... if it is covid it should show during that week.

Get well :smile:
Original post by black tea
You could do a covid test...

I legit said i did and came back negative lol
Original post by Anonymous
I legit said i did and came back negative lol

Do another one. I didn't start testing positive until day 5 of symptoms (PCR confirmed I had it on day 2)
Original post by black tea
Do another one. I didn't start testing positive until day 5 of symptoms (PCR confirmed I had it on day 2)

Yh did one came back negative, think was just a flu tbh dont feel bad now

Quick Reply

Latest