The Student Room Group

Nearing the end of our first half term

Hi guys! How is everyone managing in their studies?

Many people told me the jump from GCSEs to A-Levels is the hardest academic jump a person will have to do. I have definitely been feeling this pressure, but I think it hasn't been quite as bad as I anticipated.

My main problem at the moment is the increase in the amount of homework we have to do. /but aside from that I'm actually really enjoying my subjects, especially RE which surprised me. A-Level RE, for me, is so much more interesting than GCSE RE, especially the philosophy side of the subject. We have just completed our first test in the philosophy side of the subject - just a knowledge checker (keywords, key points, and key philosophers, etc) in preparation for our end-of-unit assessment in Natural Moral Law - and I managed to get a school record! I am the first student at my school that has got full marks on this first assessment - I'm so happy with that!!

However, my interest in RE is starting to prove to be a slight issue as I seem to be putting more of a focus on revising RE than my other subjects - especially Gov and Pol and History. I'm only just beginning to realize this as this week I have a Gov and Pol test. I'm sure it'll be okay though as it's a unit with a heavy crossover with part of my law studies.

I hope you guys all have a great week! I'm off to do some revision for that test!
Reply 1
Hi Kyla,

I imagine there is a lot of crossover from RE to Gov & Pol anyway, at least in terms of your ability to discuss argue different points on both sides of a topic. Good luck in the exams!
Reply 2
Original post by Luke_88
Hi Kyla,

I imagine there is a lot of crossover from RE to Gov & Pol anyway, at least in terms of your ability to discuss argue different points on both sides of a topic. Good luck in the exams!

Sorry, I've only just seen this but yeah, there definitely are a lot of crossovers which has made my life slightly easier. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest