The Student Room Group

Biochemistry

I applied last Thursday for biochemistry at the following unis:
-University of Bristol
-University of Bath
-University of Birmingham
-University of Manchester
-University of Leicester
I was wondering if any of you have applied to the same university and if so did u hear back from any of them ?
My friend applied on Tuesday and he got a reply a few days ago saying he got accepted. Ggs to him I guess. (He applied for biomed at Plymouth which accepted him)
Edit: Realised that u were talking about bioCHEM lmao, mb.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by MarioGABRIEL
-University of Bristol
-University of Bath
-University of Leicester
I was wondering if any of you have applied to the same university and if so did u hear back from any of them ?

I've applied for Biochemistry too. I sent my application off 2 weeks ago and no offers yet. The unis i applied to are
Oxford
Imperial
Bath
Exeter
Cardiff

I hope it doesn't take so long...
Reply 3
-University of Bristol
-University of Bath
-University of Leicester

yoooooo i applied for biochem at bath and manchester. Did u apply for the MBiochem or Bsc?
H
-University of Bristol
-University of Bath
-University of Leicester

Hey there I applied to 2 Biochem courses (Bristol and York) and got an offer for Bristol Biochemistry with Molecular Biology and Biotechnology about a week later. Have you heard back from any? good luck!!
-University of Bristol
-University of Bath
-University of Leicester

From what I've seen on the official applicants page, Manchester seems to be returning offers rather fast.
Original post by Cyion
yoooooo i applied for biochem at bath and manchester. Did u apply for the MBiochem or Bsc?

Bsc, wbu?
Original post by frillymilly123
H

Hey there I applied to 2 Biochem courses (Bristol and York) and got an offer for Bristol Biochemistry with Molecular Biology and Biotechnology about a week later. Have you heard back from any? good luck!!

Only heard back from Bristol, they said that my application is “on hold”
Original post by sleep_supremacy
From what I've seen on the official applicants page, Manchester seems to be returning offers rather fast.

I know people who got offers from Manchester already but for different courses. I’m assuming biochemistry is a very competitive course.
Reply 9
i chose the masters course

Bsc, wbu?
Original post by Cyion
i chose the masters course

Can you pick a maters course if you haven’t completed a undergraduate degree ?
Can you pick a maters course if you haven’t completed a undergraduate degree ?

It's an integrated masters course so you get an Msc at the end but no Bsc.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
Original post by catonfire
It's an integrated masters course so you get an Msc at the end but no Bsc.

Just to let you know if you do an intergrated masters you still get a Bsc but do an extra year to gain the Msc at the end. As by applying to do the intergrated Msc you won't have to reapply when you complete your Msc
Original post by Cyion
Just to let you know if you do an intergrated masters you still get a Bsc but do an extra year to gain the Msc at the end. As by applying to do the intergrated Msc you won't have to reapply when you complete your Msc

I've read that it depends on the course and uni. I think for most unis they give you an Msc if you carry on to the integrated masters but a Bsc if you just do the normal 3-year degree, not both.

Quick Reply