The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics: TMUA & Cambridge

Are LSE more likely to reject me if they know I'm applying Cambridge?

This would be revealed if I mention I'm taking the TMUA on their questionnaire. At the same time, would a good result in the TMUA (which they can see if I fill in these details on the questionnaire) help in getting into LSE Pure Economics?
ik these misnomers are common among students but universities don't reject you because you applied to another university. you have 5 choices and they all respect that. a large proportion of lse econ applicants also applied to cambridge

yesterday you were wondering if not doing the tmua could disadvantage your application. just get on with it. its fine to be honest here
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
Are LSE more likely to reject me if they know I'm applying Cambridge?

This would be revealed if I mention I'm taking the TMUA on their questionnaire. At the same time, would a good result in the TMUA (which they can see if I fill in these details on the questionnaire) help in getting into LSE Pure Economics?

I'm applying LSE and Cambridge as well for pure economics this year as well. I put down I'm doing the TMUA but there's still a large amount of people who are applying Oxford/ non Oxbridge so I think it would be unfair of them to look at our TMUA score, especially since its only required by course run by the department of mathematics. I dont' think they will look at our TMUA score but maybe a good result might make it look that you're proficient at mathematics and (possibly) boost your chances In getting in.
I also applied for economics at LSE and Cambridge and declared that I was doing TMUA because I applied to Cambridge. However, I don't want to declare my score to LSE but they sent an email asking me to. Do I need to send it to them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending