T.I. - Paper trail
    Kooks - Konk
    Usher - Here I Stand
    Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
    Coldplay - Viva La Vida
    NeYo - Year of the Gentleman
    Oasis - Dig out Your soul
    ACDC - Black Ice

Plus albums still to come from Kanye West, Akon, Ludacris, The Killers.

Been a good year I think!
    Excellent taste mate apart from Kooks and Coldplays albums which are poor and i think Oasis haven't made a good album since 95 so but other than that i agree with you 100%. I don't know anyone else who like AC/DC and NeYo and T.I at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Excellent taste mate apart from Kooks and Coldplays albums which are poor and i think Oasis haven't made a good album since 95 so but other than that i agree with you 100%. I don't know anyone else who like AC/DC and NeYo and T.I at the same time!
    Thank you! to be honest though most of the time I side with hiphop and RnB but occassionally listen to different stuff and the other stuff I've listened to this year is AC/DC/, Coldplay, Kooks etc.

My favourite though is T.I. Paper Trail what an absolute stunner of an album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglrb)
    Thank you! to be honest though most of the time I side with hiphop and RnB but occassionally listen to different stuff and the other stuff I've listened to this year is AC/DC/, Coldplay, Kooks etc.

My favourite though is T.I. Paper Trail what an absolute stunner of an album.
    Yep Paper Trail is my favourite of all this year too! I'm more of a Rock fan who has decided to venture into RnB, hip Hop and other genres lately. I still don't know a proper rock fan who listens to RnB and Hip Hop then! I do know someone like you who listens to Rock outside of Rnb and Hip Hop. I would add Nas - Untitled to the list though as i think that's brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend.... Can't get enough of it
    Ida Maria - Fortress Round My Heart... lurrrve it!

I'd say those are the only ones that really jumped out to me... they live in my car

ReputationRep:
    I'm really liking Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid from first listen. Just reading the reviews it seems like this band could be a great find.

I'm really liking Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid from first listen. Just reading the reviews it seems like this band could be a great find.
    Well done you

For me it has to be:
    Coldplay - Viva La Vida (on a personal level. I'm not desputing whether they're good or not so :p:)
    A Silent Film - Thirteen Times The Strength
    Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid
    We Are Scientists - Brain Thrust Mastery
    Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim
    Sigur Ros - that one with all the icelandic words in the title
    Guillemots - Red
    DCFC - Narrow Stairs

and a whole bunch of others..actually I can't really name a favourite :p:

ReputationRep:
    Kings of Leon - Only By The Night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    We Are Scientists - Brain Thrust Mastery
    :eek: Quoted for absolute friggin' truth!

I really like The Fratellis - Here We Stand, too. One of those albums where every song is worth a listen. A Heady Tale should be released as a single too.

Although I am waiting with much anticipation for The Killer's new album... if it is half as good as Hot Fuss or Sam's Town it will blow the rest of 2008 out of the water...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    :eek: Quoted for absolute friggin' truth!

I really like The Fratellis - Here We Stand, too. One of those albums where every song is worth a listen. A Heady Tale should be released as a single too.

Although I am waiting with much anticipation for The Killer's new album... if it is half as good as Hot Fuss or Sam's Town it will blow the rest of 2008 out of the water...
    Agreed about all you've said and i've forgotten about that Fratellis album, i listened to it a lot when it came out. Was very impressed with it but this time they didn't make the mainstream with a more rocky, less indy sound. It's a it of shame because i think it was an excellent album with no weak tracks, and a very strong feel to it all. Much better than the crap like Glasvegas going around. But A Heady Tale hasn't been released as a single? I'm shocked as that is their best track, very good. No spectacular album but gave me a very good listen and one of the better albums of the year. Nickelback's Dark Horse is quite good too, album gets stronger towards the end i think from a few listens.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot these:

Polysics - We Ate The Machine
    Sons and Daughters - This Gift
    Dan Le Sac vs Scroobious Pip - Angles
    British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music

ReputationRep:
    Why? - Alopecia
    Gang Gang Dance - Saint Dymphna
    The Caretaker - Persistent Repetition of Phrases
    Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
    Madvillain - Madvillainy 2: the Madlib Remix
    Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Old Money
    Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus
    Nortt - Galgenfrist
    Heavy Winged - Alive in My Mouth
    sgt. - Stylus Fantasticus
    Eternal Tapestry - Mystic Induction
    Quiet Village - Silent Movie
    Sparks - Exotic Creatures of the Deep
    Sun Kil Moon - April

It's been great so far. There are a few albums that I haven't managed to get yet (Boris, Flying Lotus, Squarepusher and Stephen O'Malley, namely) and there are still quite a few interesting ones due out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    Kings of Leon - Only by the Night.
    Is the right answer!!!

Agreed about all you've said and i've forgotten about that Fratellis album, i listened to it a lot when it came out. Was very impressed with it but this time they didn't make the mainstream with a more rocky, less indy sound. It's a it of shame because i think it was an excellent album with no weak tracks, and a very strong feel to it all..
    Its such a shame they're **** live...oh wait, no its not :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    A Silent Film - Thirteen Times The Strength
    The City That Sleeps

crap - well whatever, it is still a good album :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's the main reason for the big font.

Or, to make me look even more stupider.

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay - Viva la Vida
    The Rasmus - Black Roses
    Keane - Perfect Symmetry (the whole album has both genious and horrifying songs but the good ones are PERFECT)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.