Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Kingston to do Journalism and when I went there it felt right for me, the course sounds perfect, the people were friendly and the place felt like home. However, I've heard bad things about the Uni on here which has shocked me coz everyone else I've spoken to have said good things about the Uni and the area!

I'm also applying to Goldsmiths though to do Media and Sociology. I've been there aswell as I stayed overnight with a friend and to be honest, my experience wasn't that great. The halls are pretty poor, the area is really bad and he told me the Uni isn't all that great either in terms of organisation. He's doing Sociology and Politics though and I know that Goldsmiths is better known for their Arts and Media departments, so maybe his experience isn't one to judge the Uni by.

What are people's opinions on this? Kingston or Goldsmiths?? I'm so confused!!

ReputationRep:
    I live near Kingston, and the area is really nice, right on the Thames etc. The nightlife's not too shabby either - a huuuuge Oceana which is great. Tonnes of my friends have gone there and loved it. Buuuut I have too say I don't think it is as good as Goldsmiths academically. So depends what you want out of Uni really!

ReputationRep:
    you want my honest opinion? none of them....
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year student at Kingston doing Journalism and Film Studies, the course is FAB, all the teachers are either currently working in the industry or a couple have finished work as journalists, being so close to London means you get the best chance at being able to do work experience, they have guest journalist speakers every week from all different publications and the staff are 100% commited. Not sure what bad things you've heard about K'town but you'd love it if you were here. Just make sure you've got guts and determination to do journalism, you will get shut down! but stick at it and you'll do fine. Hope this helps x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.