The Student Room Group

History coursework

Hi :smile:
My history coursework question that I've chosen is 'In the context of the years 1509-1611, to what extent was it inevitable that England would become wholly protestant?'
I need 3 primary sources, 2 secondary sources and 2 historians interpretations and I was wondering how to find these? Thank you!
JSTOR would be the best for coursework, but you have to pay for it. In my case, our school provided us with logins, maybe check with yours?
Original post by narsis
My history coursework question that I've chosen is 'In the context of the years 1509-1611, to what extent was it inevitable that England would become wholly protestant?'
I need 3 primary sources, 2 secondary sources and 2 historians interpretations and I was wondering how to find these? Thank you!

What do you mean by "wholly" protestant?
Original post by narsis

For historian's interpretations, JSTOR is amazing, and you can often access it through your school. If you find an article about the topic you want, putting it into JSTOR's Text Analyser tool can help you find more articles on similar themes. For primary sources, its a bit more difficult. If any contemporary books, pamphlets or other sources are frequently mentioned in your reading, those would be useful to look at. For example, Luther's 95 Theses might be a good source.
Reply 4
I dont know I didnt make the question
Original post by ageshallnot
What do you mean by "wholly" protestant?
Original post by narsis
I dont know I didnt make the question

That's interesting. England did not become "wholly" protestant in that time period or any other.
Reply 6
I'm pretty sure its about the reformation of the church...
That's interesting. England did not become "wholly" protestant in that time period or any other.
Original post by narsis
I'm pretty sure its about the reformation of the church...

But what does it say in the question?
Reply 8
I'm so confused as to what point you're trying to make here?
But what does it say in the question?
Original post by narsis
I'm so confused as to what point you're trying to make here?

England never was "wholly protestant".
Reply 10
What do you want me to do about this
England never was "wholly protestant".

Quick Reply

Latest