Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    I use it, but then apparently I speak like an American anyways.
    What does the graphic in your sig say? I'm seeing "Jewished Aberone" but I suspect I'm misreading it!

ReputationRep:
    "y'all" is no "yous"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufu)
    What does the graphic in your sig say? I'm seeing "Jewished Aberone" but I suspect I'm misreading it!
    Haha no worries, it says 'I Wrestled A Bear Once"

ReputationRep:
    It reminds me of Sawyer from Lost. Anything that is associated with him is fine by me. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think the word's alright. Except plenty of people say "all y'all", so it doesn't quite fulfil the function as the English "vous"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    It reminds me of Sawyer from Lost. Anything that is associated with him is fine by me. :yep:
    I love your signature...:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarlaJade)
    I love your signature...:teeth:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I guess it is new word like Google for google it, I found something like Yell, isn't the same ? example the yellmann

ReputationRep:
    No, when I hear y'all its usually coming out of a persons mouth who lives in texas or something, wears dungarees, drives an old battered pick up truck, owns a shot gun and a banjo.
    (Stereotypically speaking of course, just to prove my point)
    I've never heard it said here in England on a regular basis, and if I do I'll find the nearest cliff and jump off it. lol, You's or you all will do.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i would probably either say You all or more likely All of you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.