The Student Room Group

English language degree without English A-level

Hi. I’ve been looking into unis recently and I’m really interested in doing a degree in English Language, as I am interested in child language development which the course has to offer. However, I’m not doing A-level English- but I am doing child development. As far as I’m aware the uni doesn’t say anything about needing A-levels in English for the course, but I’m just wondering if it is necessary. Thanks.
Make sure to check the Entry Requirements for the course on the uni website.

Often a uni will list the required A levels(s) or UCAS points and the minimum GCSE Maths and English

Quick Reply