The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do I have a good chance of getting in as an American applying for PE?

So LSE states that an A*A*A in ap exam grades is getting a score of 5 in 5 AP tests and one of these tests have to be AP Calculus BC.

I'm working on getting these 5s but I'm not sure that if I chose the correct AP exams to be competitive at LSE.

I got 5s in AP Biology and AP Psychology last year and this year I'm taking:

AP Calculus BC

AP Chemistry

AP Computer Science Principles

AP Statistics

AP Microeconomics

I'm hoping for a 5 in AP Calculus BC and a 5 in two other tests but I'm wondering if I should take other better AP exams. Should I take AP US Government and Politics?

Also, does gpa really matter? My school only counts gpa as out of 5 or weighted gpa as they say. My gpa is currently 4.1 but I don't know what my unweighted gpa which is out of 3 rn. I think it may be a 3.7 because I got 3 Bs throughout highschool, is that good enough?
Hey there, American applying to LSE for history this year. I'm not really sure about your chances because you only have 2 5's currently so I'm sure an unconditional offer is likely not possible. If you do receive an offer, it would be a conditional one where they will require you to get a five in certain classes. I think the things that will really make your application stand out are personal statement and perhaps SAT score if you have one. I know they are having loads of applicants this year so they've already started rejecting people in october... its definitely very competitive but if your personal statement stands out it should be fine. I think taking gov would be a good idea. I took it my freshmen year and it was a relatively easy class. Good luck on your application.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by lilytakesontheuk
Hey there, American applying to LSE for history this year. I'm not really sure about your chances because you only have 2 5's currently so I'm sure an unconditional offer is likely not possible. If you do receive an offer, it would be a conditional one where they will require you to get a five in certain classes. I think the things that will really make your application stand out are personal statement and perhaps SAT score if you have one. I know they are having loads of applicants this year so they've already started rejecting people in october... its definitely very competitive but if your personal statement stands out it should be fine. I think taking gov would be a good idea. I took it my freshmen year and it was a relatively easy class. Good luck on your application.

The LSE website states that they do not consider the SAT for admission sadly
(Original post by yesiahh)The LSE website states that they do not consider the SAT for admission sadly
ah I see.... then I would recommend really making your personal statement outstanding.

Quick Reply

Latest