The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
OMG I think I have totally screwed up.

Basically, me and this male friend have been getting on great etc and when I was thinking about getting back with my ex he'd also ask if I was or not. We had a close moment (hes a good friend) where I was crying about something and he was giving advice (about other stuff not relating to ex) at the end of convo I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek (his kissed mine too).
Later on (a couple weeks later) I decided to get back with my ex and ever since he has been super super weird with me. He doesn't talk to me anymore (doesn't reply to my texts aswell!!!!! - He says his phone is broken and he didnt get my text....later on i got suspicious and text him in lesson...i saw him get it and he totally blanked it - and me!!!!).....I don't understand/ didn't understand what i'd done to upset him....he won't even reply to me on MSN on anything....I tried asked his best male firned what i'd done but he said he's staying out of it (but he does know!).....
And he's being so childish as well.....we were in R.E (we're in sixth form btw) and he was handing out the bibles and didn't give me one! He doesn't talk to me in lessons.... he totally blanks me....
AND now I have just found out hes going out with this girl who he knows I hate (shes the one i was crying about).
OMG
opinions?

You lead him on you ******* slag. You're also very ******* stupid. How you're in sixth form I'll never know. Actually, yes I will. Any thick **** can get into sixth form nowadays.
Reply 21
Here's a secret, girls!

Most males are not interested in this just 'being friends' carry-on.

Take this prime case. It is, as everyone said, obvious why he is pissed. He liked you, you gave him slight hope that you may have returned the feeling, and then you go and get back with your ex. He has every reason to be annoyed. Most straight guys don't want all this nicey-nice friendship with GIRLS WHO HAVE BOYFRIENDS. So don't expect him to act like he used to. It will never be like that again. Ever. I can totally, totally see where he is coming from.
Reply 22
Being just friends is difficult for any guy to take, I find it hard with my ex, I'm not speaking with her again at the moment. He might have got over you, he might not have. Most likely he hasn't and is trying to make you jealous.
Reply 23
sad but true
Yup, like everyone said this guy obviously really really likes you and you getting back with your ex must have hurt him. But he is being slightly childish about it.

Stuff like that's happened to me before, like a girl gives me false hope and then totally drops me back to Earth. I don't go on being petty and so on though, I mean it's never like it was before, sorta drift apart as mates a bit but we don't blank each other and I don't make it obvious she's hurt me or make er think I'm avoiding her or stuff. We sorta just end up drifting apart anyways.

The fact that this guy is acting like this either makes me think he must have really liked you or he is a bit childish. I think he might think you hurt him so he's going to hurt you which is a bit of a crappy thing to do to someone.
Reply 25
Anonymous
And he's being so childish as well.....we were in R.E (we're in sixth form btw) and he was handing out the bibles and didn't give me one!

At least he still cares about you, then.
Ascient
At least he still cares about you, then.

Is this some cheap attempt at an insult?

OP: Think of relationships like an old fish trap. Its a one way deal. Not all blokes expect a friend who is a girl to take on to any other level other than friendship, but once initiated (eg something happens) then its nearly impossible to "go back".
Well you lead him on and ditched him. Well done.
Anonymous

Is this some cheap attempt at an insult?

:shifty:explain:shifty:
Reply 29
Milch
it doesn't take rocket science

It might help though.
Anonymous
OMG I think I have totally screwed up.

Basically, me and this male friend have been getting on great etc and when I was thinking about getting back with my ex he'd also ask if I was or not. We had a close moment (hes a good friend) where I was crying about something and he was giving advice (about other stuff not relating to ex) at the end of convo I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek (his kissed mine too).
Later on (a couple weeks later) I decided to get back with my ex and ever since he has been super super weird with me. He doesn't talk to me anymore (doesn't reply to my texts aswell!!!!! - He says his phone is broken and he didnt get my text....later on i got suspicious and text him in lesson...i saw him get it and he totally blanked it - and me!!!!).....I don't understand/ didn't understand what i'd done to upset him....he won't even reply to me on MSN on anything....I tried asked his best male firned what i'd done but he said he's staying out of it (but he does know!).....
And he's being so childish as well.....we were in R.E (we're in sixth form btw) and he was handing out the bibles and didn't give me one! He doesn't talk to me in lessons.... he totally blanks me....
AND now I have just found out hes going out with this girl who he knows I hate (shes the one i was crying about).
OMG
opinions?

Is this what you're talking of :

1st. You + Friend = Great time
2nd. You + Ex = Together again
3rd. You + Friend = Friend ignoring You

If that's it, I guess the Friend fancied You and can't tolerate You + Ex.
Sounds like he cut you out of his life because he resents the fact you got back with your ex. There is also a chance that by doing this he is almost trying to get over you.
I'm sure in a few months time it will settle itself out, but be prepared to let things cool off for a while.
~LIKE OMGGG~
Even a non-male can give you advice. Totally obvious he's mad you got back with your ex. Like, DUH.
Go up to him and tell him to stop being such a little boy.
But it's totally your fault for kissing him in the cheek. I mean, you can't POSSIBLY say you didn't consider that as leading him on?
ohh that poor guy... o.O .... !
PhilMc

Most males are not interested in this just 'being friends' carry-on.

I don't believe this is true!
Reply 35
Anonymous
I don't believe this is true!

It is true. Unless you're ugly, most guys aren't interested in being just friends. If the guy comforts you, is really close, helps you out when you're crying, pays attention to your woes and kisses you on the cheek... he's not interested in being friends.
Anonymous
he was handing out the bibles and didn't give me
one
!

rofl that made my day:P:woo:
Reply 37
Oh dear, you cock tease, just leave the poor lad alone now you've broke his heart
Reply 38
Had I realised that people like yourself would have read my post without any notion of common sense, I would mentioned explicitly that I was referring to non-relatives.

And I hate to burst your bubble but we are all so simple that our motives can be second guessed almost universally. Otherwise biology and zoology are completely defunct. We're animals. We have characteristic behaviours.
Reply 39
I agree with Mush here, it's difficult... for me anyway.

Bloody girls ruining our lives :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending