Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a girl, I need a boy to answer this. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mush)
    It is true. Unless you're ugly, most guys aren't interested in being just friends. If the guy comforts you, is really close, helps you out when you're crying, pays attention to your woes and kisses you on the cheek... he's not interested in being friends.
    I wasn't aware that we're all so simple that our motives can be seconded guessed almost universally by doing the above actions. I'll now inform my love that only I may comfort her in her time of need, or other females, but of course, no other males, including of course, her dad:rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I wasn't aware that we're all so simple that our motives can be seconded guessed almost universally by doing the above actions. I'll now inform my love that only I may comfort her in her time of need, or other females, but of course, no other males, including of course, her dad:rolleyes: .
    Had I realised that people like yourself would have read my post without any notion of common sense, I would mentioned explicitly that I was referring to non-relatives.

And I hate to burst your bubble but we are all so simple that our motives can be second guessed almost universally. Otherwise biology and zoology are completely defunct. We're animals. We have characteristic behaviours.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Mush here, it's difficult... for me anyway.

Bloody girls ruining our lives :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mush)
    Had I realised that people like yourself would have read my post without any notion of common sense, I would mentioned explicitly that I was referring to non-relatives.

And I hate to burst your bubble but we are all so simple that our motives can be second guessed almost universally. Otherwise biology and zoology are completely defunct. We're animals. We have characteristic behaviours.
    well I must be above animals because I've helped friends when they've been in that situation, and not talked to them other times, because I want them to feel better, not to be with them.

ReputationRep:
    well I must be above animals because I've helped friends when they've been in that situation, and not talked to them other times, because I want them to feel better, not to be with them.
    If you had been physically attracted to them it would have been a different matter entirely, I assure you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mush)
    If you had been physically attracted to them it would have been a different matter entirely, I assure you.
    oh okay, when one of my attractive female friends is next upset, I'll make sure to not comfort her, because it'll obviously be so that I can get into her pants and cheat on my girlfriend. Thank you, you've saved my relationship.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay, when one of my attractive female friends is next upset, I'll make sure to not comfort her, because it'll obviously be so that I can get into her pants and cheat on my girlfriend. Thank you, you've saved my relationship.
    Consider it on the flipside.

Your girlfriend comes home and tells you that she was really upset today, but luckily, one of her male friends was on hand to give her a kiss on the cheek, a nice cuddle and listen to her woes and give her advice.

Do you suspect that this man wants in her pants, or do you believe him to be completely benign and just a good friend?

If you answer the latter then you are too naive for your own good.

ReputationRep:
    it depends which friend, I'd consider both possibilities, however I'm more inclined to go with the latter. I'm not saying the first isn't possible, but the action doesn't always reflect one motive, some people do just want to try and make other peoples lives less miserable and not get into their pants, and I don't think there's an overwhelming majority that just want to get into girls pants instead of comfort them.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if most men didn't want to get into my girlfriends pants, but that's a different story.

I feel so awful....*cries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    It's not really hard to figure out what's going on...

Hopefully he'll grow up and get over it soon enough.
    Wait what? Why should he grow up?

Surely they should jus ignore each other and its a problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Hox)
    Wait what? Why should he grow up?
    Ignoring her entirely, to the extent of not giving her one of the books that he was handing out in class, isn't exactly a mature response, is it?

ReputationRep:
    why the **** did you get back with your ex for???
    Poor boy You made him upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Ignoring her entirely, to the extent of not giving her one of the books that he was handing out in class, isn't exactly a mature response, is it?
    Neither is leading him on and then acting as if she doesnt know whats going on purely for attention. I think they deserve each other :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Hox)
    Neither is leading him on and then acting as if she doesnt know whats going on purely for attention. I think they deserve each other :o:
    I agree, however judgements on the OP's maturity have no relevance to that of the 'male friend', and it is the 'male friend' that I was talking about.

ReputationRep:
    He obviously likes you and wanted you for himself so when you got back with your ex it hurt him. He'll get over it soon enough, maybe try speaking to him, or if he doesn't want to talk to you then just send him an email or something saying how you hope things are ok between you and you didn't mean to upset him.

ReputationRep:
    See! I am agreed with.

ReputationRep:
    yeah cause you got back with your ex. Anyways the quote of the day is the part about.. him not giving you a bible. That's so funny happens to me too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.