Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    aka seasonal affective disorder, anyone suffer from this even if its minorly

isuffer from this pretty badly tho, in winter i feel like i have no energy and a part of is gone, you have no idea unless you go through it, im like the duricell bunny, hyper in winter then depressed in summer, its hard my personality goes in winter, losing energy makes me lose condifence, but i got a lightbox yesterday and its helpedddd soooooo much, just amazing...

if i didnt get it id be at square one, apparetnyl 1 in 10 peple suffer from it only about 2 in 100 majorly but if you do get a lightbox and do excerise, seriously you dont kno how much itsimproved my life!!

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about getting my boyfriend one, but I'm not sure he would use it properly (you have to stare right at it don't you rather than just having it on in the room) and a bit worried about the electricity bill costs. But I don't know anyone who hasn't had a positive effect from one.

Glad its worked for you.

ReputationRep:
    i hate it when it rains like i actually don't want to leave my house

ReputationRep:
    Yeah when it gets dark so early I get quite depressed :/

ReputationRep:
    most people get winter blues but when sunlight feels like energy you got s.a.d but i have freids who dont have s.a.d and have a light bo and still like it, waking up to a bright light is pretty sweet

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.