Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in joining the BCS for its the professional qualifications in IT and they seem cheaper than university courses, but i don't know if I should go along with them.

Are the courses given by the institutions listed on the BCS website recommended? There doesn't seem to much info online about those course providers.

And if I complete the examinations up to the "Professional Graduate Diploma in IT", what weight does it have on the job market compared to a university degree in IT?

ReputationRep:
    Some Uni courses are exempt from the examinations so you're probably better off doing a course which recognises the BCS stuff...
    I think I'm right there but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defcon)
    Some Uni courses are exempt from the examinations so you're probably better off doing a course which recognises the BCS stuff...
    Thats the membership examinations, so an accredited degree plus so many years of relevant industry work means you can become a full member without having to do thier exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defcon)
    There might have been some confusion here. What I mean is, I'm thinking of doing the examinations directly with BCS and preparing for those examinations through a course provider.

What I'm not sure about are the course providers, there's not much info on them on the web...
    And if I complete all three levels of the professional examinations, is it equally viewed as a uni degree?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Well it probably won't be viewed equally as a BSc degree would be no.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.