Arthur Vick or Lakeside people? Watch

Americangirl06
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi,
I'm still waiting to hear whether I can be accommodated on campus (I did apply before the deadline in July).
Since I'm starting in January, does anyone living in AV or lakeside know if the people living there now have a full-year contract, or if anyone there now is leaving after the first term? (those were my two top choices, and im trying to figure my chances of getting in...)

Thanks!!
Americangirl06
Rep:
?
yeah i know, i was just wondering if anyone is leaving early...? Because I wouldn't expect them to hold a room for me until January.
Americangirl06
Rep:
?
you're right, sorry...?

if anyone knows the answer please let me know....
Fracture
Report 10 years ago
AV is 30 weeks rather than 39.
Kolya
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Americangirl06)
yeah i know, i was just wondering if anyone is leaving early...? Because I wouldn't expect them to hold a room for me until January.
I don't think there are any short contracts. Instead, I think rooms become available when people drop out from their course because they decided the course, or Warwick, wasn't for them.
[b]
Report 10 years ago
I'm thinking of getting into Arthur Vicks or Jack Martins next year.

Anything I have got to put down in the form that might increase the chances to get into these 2?
jeff127
Report 10 years ago
Am in AV this year, didnt actually realise it was competitive getting a place here so didnt pay much attention to what I wrote in my application but from what I have found everyone said that they wanted to live in a quiet area so most definitely say that.

Jeff.
BabsyBaker
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jeff127)
Am in AV this year, didnt actually realise it was competitive getting a place here so didnt pay much attention to what I wrote in my application but from what I have found everyone said that they wanted to live in a quiet area so most definitely say that.

Jeff.

Jeffrey is that you?!
estel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kolya)
I don't think there are any short contracts. Instead, I think rooms become available when people drop out from their course because they decided the course, or Warwick, wasn't for them.
There are short contracts. Someone in my hall last year was here for terms 1+2 as she was an ERASMUS student.
Kolya
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by estel)
There are short contracts. Someone in my hall last year was here for terms 1+2 as she was an ERASMUS student.
I stand corrected.
R_L_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Like estel I know a few ERASMUS students who are only here for the first term. In addition Christmas is a time at which a few people drop out, having given it a term. So there's certainly a chance.
jeff127
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BabsyBaker)
Jeffrey is that you?!
Evidently we both browse the forums, Tabitha.

Jeff.
Happy1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have the correct answer for you...

As youre starting in Jan i assume youre a part year visiting exchange student?
There are other part-year VEs in each hall who only come for the Autumn term then leave in December, and so yes, there will be rooms available in both Arthur Vick and Lakeside in January.

You'll be allocated in the same way as everyone else and they'll let you know soon.
Americangirl06
Rep:
?
yay! Thanks

i actually called the accommodation office last week and they told me mid-december i will find out, and that i have guaranteed housing on campus, somewhere.
**crosses fingers for AV!**

and I also understood the accent really well, so maybe it won't be such an adjustment
jeff127
Report 10 years ago
We have a girl in our kitchen (AV3) who was only here for a term and is leaving next week so there is a space here for you!

Jeff.
Americangirl06
Rep:
?
(Original post by jeff127)
We have a girl in our kitchen (AV3) who was only here for a term and is leaving next week so there is a space here for you!

Jeff.
yayyyy!

now i just hope that like 20 others arent applying for the same place...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed