Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm still waiting to hear whether I can be accommodated on campus (I did apply before the deadline in July).
    Since I'm starting in January, does anyone living in AV or lakeside know if the people living there now have a full-year contract, or if anyone there now is leaving after the first term? (those were my two top choices, and im trying to figure my chances of getting in...)

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know, i was just wondering if anyone is leaving early...? Because I wouldn't expect them to hold a room for me until January.

ReputationRep:
    you're right, sorry...?

if anyone knows the answer please let me know....

ReputationRep:
    AV is 30 weeks rather than 39.

(Original post by Americangirl06)
    yeah i know, i was just wondering if anyone is leaving early...? Because I wouldn't expect them to hold a room for me until January.
    I don't think there are any short contracts. Instead, I think rooms become available when people drop out from their course because they decided the course, or Warwick, wasn't for them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting into Arthur Vicks or Jack Martins next year.

Anything I have got to put down in the form that might increase the chances to get into these 2?

ReputationRep:
    Am in AV this year, didnt actually realise it was competitive getting a place here so didnt pay much attention to what I wrote in my application but from what I have found everyone said that they wanted to live in a quiet area so most definitely say that.

Jeff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff127)
    Am in AV this year, didnt actually realise it was competitive getting a place here so didnt pay much attention to what I wrote in my application but from what I have found everyone said that they wanted to live in a quiet area so most definitely say that.

Jeff.

Jeffrey is that you?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    I don't think there are any short contracts. Instead, I think rooms become available when people drop out from their course because they decided the course, or Warwick, wasn't for them.
    There are short contracts. Someone in my hall last year was here for terms 1+2 as she was an ERASMUS student.

(Original post by estel)
    There are short contracts. Someone in my hall last year was here for terms 1+2 as she was an ERASMUS student.
    I stand corrected.

ReputationRep:
    Like estel I know a few ERASMUS students who are only here for the first term. In addition Christmas is a time at which a few people drop out, having given it a term. So there's certainly a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabsyBaker)
    Jeffrey is that you?!
    Evidently we both browse the forums, Tabitha.

Jeff.

ReputationRep:
    I have the correct answer for you...

As youre starting in Jan i assume youre a part year visiting exchange student?
    There are other part-year VEs in each hall who only come for the Autumn term then leave in December, and so yes, there will be rooms available in both Arthur Vick and Lakeside in January.

You'll be allocated in the same way as everyone else and they'll let you know soon.

ReputationRep:
    yay! Thanks

i actually called the accommodation office last week and they told me mid-december i will find out, and that i have guaranteed housing on campus, somewhere.
    **crosses fingers for AV!**

and I also understood the accent really well, so maybe it won't be such an adjustment

ReputationRep:
    We have a girl in our kitchen (AV3) who was only here for a term and is leaving next week so there is a space here for you!

Jeff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff127)
    We have a girl in our kitchen (AV3) who was only here for a term and is leaving next week so there is a space here for you!

Jeff.
    yayyyy!

now i just hope that like 20 others arent applying for the same place...

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.