The Student Room Group

Is a business degree difficult

I’m stuck between business (maybe international business), geography or geology for university and I have a few questions.

1. The title: is it very difficult (compared to A level maybe?)
2. what are the main differences between international business and business management degrees?
3. Is it heavily maths based? Is there much physical content compared to maths and formulas?

Thanks in advance.
Nowadays, most of business studies courses would have certain concentration, therefore uneasy to make comment on the field in general. Meanwhile, I very seldom listen buddies on business studies grumble that it's 'difficult' to deal with. And I guess no, except a couple of modules, in general it's not maths based -- again, depends on what concentration the course is.
Hi @greentiger
My name is Saikat , a Student Ambassador at Coventry University.
To address your question I would like to answer to below points
1. Business degree is not difficult, as a business student you have to analyse different model & theory to support your academics which are really practical & applicable in real business organisation.
2. International business is all about geopolitical environment of business, global market, export oriented organizations, multi national corporations etc. On the other hand business management is all about learning to manage different section of a business operation such as finance, supply chain, productions, operation, logistic, commercial, marketing, sales etc.
3. No. Its not math based, except some basic calculation there are no really heavy numerical studies.
If you are interested in Business based degrees you have a look at Coventry University's course by link pasted below -
1. Business management - https://www.coventry.ac.uk/search/?contentType=NewCoursePage&location=113&search=business%20management
2. International buisness - https://www.coventry.ac.uk/search/?search=international+business&contentType=newcoursepage&location=113

Wishing you Best
Saikat Dey
Student Ambassador & MBA student
Coventry University

Original post by greentiger
I’m stuck between business (maybe international business), geography or geology for university and I have a few questions.

1. The title: is it very difficult (compared to A level maybe?)
2. what are the main differences between international business and business management degrees?
3. Is it heavily maths based? Is there much physical content compared to maths and formulas?

Thanks in advance.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest