Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recently I've found myself rather addicted to A Capella music. Especially modern songs transferred into quartet or octet masterpieces. There is alot of videos on YouTube of fantastic groups doing songs like Virtual Insanity and My Girl.

I know this guy is only miming but the song is brilliant.

Is anyone else a fan of this type of music?

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TSBIAGCulDw is epic.

At the beginning of the year I had a thing for sea shanties and barbershop quartets so there's a load of stuff in my last.fm charts but I wasn't sensible enough to tag it all 'a capella' so I'll have to give suggestions as they come to me. :p:

Banana Boat - Round The Bay Of Mexico

Moxy Früvous - The Lazy Boy (there's no preview on last.fm anymore but it's 100% worth finding because it's amazing)

The Nylons - Find The One I Love

Great Stage Robbery - Orange Colored Sky (my favourite version of this song)

Special Feature - Calendar Girl (again, my favourite version of this song)

I will return to this thread at some point. :p: I haven't listened to a couple of these in months so I think I'll have a listen tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Not a huge fan - but check out Van Canto, they do acapella versions of various metal songs. Their version of Blind Guardian's The Bard's Song is actually pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    The one and only Andy Bernard!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EfJ4SDRNvy8

ReputationRep:
    Who are A Capella?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vidachick)
    Who are A Capella?
    :toofunny:

a capella, is singing WITHOUT music...

ReputationRep:
    a capella daft punk is scary.

ReputationRep:
    Google Out Of The Blue's myspace...amazing group

ReputationRep:
    Check out Ladysmith Black Mbaza.

A proper African A Capella group, most known for doing the Baked Bean advert years ago!

ReputationRep:
    A Cappella is the shiznits :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I'm loveing this vid at the mo, amazing song originally, with a cool twist - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t5qUNzPb-kA

ReputationRep:
    You mean, no-one's mentioned Leva's Polka yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.