Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon as this is not something that's not nice to admit to.

I have real problems with jealousy towards others (I'm a girl) particularly other girls who are pretty, popular and skinny. I have a flatmate who is just like this and it drives me mad. I want to know what I can do get a grip on this because I know that maybe it isn't fair and it's taking over a bit. It's because I'm very insecure in myself, I've always been the ugly duckling and being around these gorgeous people with their adoring friends just makes me feel like crap. What can I do to get around this? I don't want be feeling this awful for the rest of my life and I'm worried that all this bitterness is going to come to the surface at some point and cause problems. Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    You need to first begin by loving yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I have huge problems with jealousy as well, I know how it feels. It isnt the easiest thing to control so I cant give the best advice as I know how annoying it is.
    Have a read of this though
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4447709_deal-with-jealousy.html
    I find it quite useful myself.

(Original post by impossible!)
    I have huge problems with jealousy as well, I know how it feels. It isnt the easiest thing to control so I cant give the best advice as I know how annoying it is.
    Have a read of this though
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4447709_deal-with-jealousy.html
    I find it quite useful myself.
    Thanks for that. Perhaps I should be grateful for what I do have eg. good health and a family. But one of the things I lack is really good close friends and people who have those make me feel really bad and wonder what is so wrong with me that I don't have any.

ReputationRep:
    If there is something you can do to change what you want to change, do it. If there is nothing you can do, why be jealous? It stays the same either way. That's what I do anyway, and it makes me cope with 99% of all jealousy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.