Turn on thread page Beta

Ok, so me and my boyfriend just ended up having a minor argument via text, and I was just wondering if I'm right to be annoyed.

Basically, he's gone away for the weekend, was ill but feeling better, I was asking if he was gonna go out;

Him: Well its a floor party, can't avoid it. Won't drink much but I'll hang out with them all... hope you're not mad at me or anything for abandoning you...
    Me: No, it's cool... miss you though! x
    -couple hours later-
    Me: That last text was kinda your cue to reassure me that you miss me too :p: Hehe, nevermind
    Him: I already said in my last text that I miss you, but yeah I still do! You still ok?
    Me: No, you didn't... but okies. You having fun?
    Him: No need to get arsey, i've said I miss you loads, I've texted you loads- when you were busy on Thursday you never contacted until I did first, so don't be mad
    (On Thursday I had to switch my phone off for part of the evening cos my friend's mental dad kept ringing me, but did text and phone later)
    Me: When the hell was I arsey?
    Him: Just then lol, and the last 2. Chill, I'm allowed to be away for a couple of nights, whilst still texting loads! Again, please don't be mad.

The suggestion that I'm not ok with him being away for a couple of nights, being arsey etc. kinda pissed me off. Am I being overly clingy with my texts or something?

I should mention that the above is the build up to the argument, not the actual argument lol...

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit clingy, yes.

ReputationRep:
    It's one of those stupid arguments that couples have for no real reason. Apologise to him, he'll apologise to you, you'll both feel stupid and have make-up sex later. Sorted. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hah yeah you're being overly clingy and picky. Don't start fights out of anything and everything. Its not healthy. Give the guy some latitude. heres an example " no, you didn't...but okies " . Im not saying its really that provocative but...even if he didnt, try pointing it out less, you were kinda asking for a fight there. Even tho im NOT saying your wrong and that you caused a fight, im just saying stop pointing out those things :P it usually causes fights over nothing. Usually, just ignore em

ReputationRep:
    No offense but I think you're a bit in the wrong. You did get a bit arsey and you sound a bit clingy, just chill out a bit and hopefully he will loosen up a bit too.

ReputationRep:
    On reflection, you should be more concerned about your friend's 'mental dad' who keeps ringing you - what's that about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenFah)
    It's a bit clingy, yes.
    yeah I think so too...u dont really have a proper reason to be annoyed

ReputationRep:
    You are

for demanding so much goddam attention and reassurance...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, based purely on the above you come across as clingy and like you're just picking on things.

(Original post by Arielle)
    No offense but I think you're a bit in the wrong. You did get a bit arsey and you sound a bit clingy, just chill out a bit and hopefully he will loosen up a bit too.
    To be fair getting annoyed at me for being clingy is a bit rich from someone who rang me up twice in the middle of the night because he had a dream about me cheating... but yeah, I should prolly go and apologise.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha!!! OMG lol !! Alright so ur not the only one who's clingy. Still you should both try and stop being clingy. Also, dont apologise, not in a situation like this. You were both in the wrong, But it wasnt that big of a thing. Just let it wash over. Don't bear any resentment to it. Just forget about it and act normal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.