The Student Room Group

sick of always being tired

My natural circadian rhythm persuades me to sleep from 2/3-10/11, but I have classes several days at 9. I managed to get up at 7 everyday for school for 7 years, but now I have terrible insomnia. It's really very annoying.

maybe I'm just not doing enough during the day to make me tired idk.

Trying to read for an essay rn and I'm so damn tired I can barely make myself focus to take notes
i realise that what i said makes no sense cos I just said I'm exhausted but also that maybe I get insomnia from not doing enough in the day to get tired. I guess the problem is that when I don't have to get up at 9 I just sleep till 11/12 and that restarts the whole cycle. I went to sleep at 3 last night and got up at 8 so that's why i actually am tired rn. I bet i still won't be able to get to sleep till 2 or 3 tho...
anyway I suppose I should just keep getting up at 8 no matter what and following all the 'sleep hygiene' advice...
I swear I used to have much more willpower than I do now
Original post by Anonymous
i realise that what i said makes no sense cos I just said I'm exhausted but also that maybe I get insomnia from not doing enough in the day to get tired. I guess the problem is that when I don't have to get up at 9 I just sleep till 11/12 and that restarts the whole cycle. I went to sleep at 3 last night and got up at 8 so that's why i actually am tired rn. I bet i still won't be able to get to sleep till 2 or 3 tho...
anyway I suppose I should just keep getting up at 8 no matter what and following all the 'sleep hygiene' advice...
I swear I used to have much more willpower than I do now

Has there been any personal change in your life since school? Maybe, you are stressed about something?

Have you seen your GP?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest