The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

ucas application economics with accounting

at city university of London, it shows 165 credits in first year whilst in other university it shows 120 credits in total for first year. do more credits mean harder course?
Where does it say this?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
(Original post by PQ)Where does it say this?

on the site
Original post by malakiebind
(Original post by PQ)Where does it say this?

on the site

Can you link to the page?
Original post by PQ
Can you link to the page?

https://www.city.ac.uk/prospective-students/courses/undergraduate/economics-with-accounting#tabs495985-link640906

also how do i check for plagiarism on personal statement without it being saved a document to compare against? and how badly does a ps have to be plagiarised with another existing ps? cos im using the unifrog as example but im scared everyone is doing the same and using unifrog as template.
https://www.city.ac.uk/prospective-students/courses/undergraduate/economics-with-accounting#tabs495985-link640906

also how do i check for plagiarism on personal statement without it being saved a document to compare against? and how badly does a ps have to be plagiarised with another existing ps? cos im using the unifrog as example but im scared everyone is doing the same and using unifrog as template.

It's 135 credits because you would only take 2 maths modules not all 4.

I'd email city to ask why it's extra credits for Yr 1 and ask whether that's linked to additional funding in any way.

The similarity detector will be triggered at 3 sentences similar (and that means the same sentence structure). If you use questions and topics to build your content then that's fine - if you're literally just substituting in words to a template then it's very likely to trigger.
Original post by PQ

I'd email city to ask why it's extra credits for Yr 1 and ask whether that's linked to additional funding in any way.

The similarity detector will be triggered at 3 sentences similar (and that means the same sentence structure). If you use questions and topics to build your content then that's fine - if you're literally just substituting in words to a template then it's very likely to trigger.

what happens if it trigger? will teh application be sent back or is fine? also if i use grammarly would my ps be flagged wehn i check again as ive already submitted it?
what happens if it trigger? will teh application be sent back or is fine? also if i use grammarly would my ps be flagged wehn i check again as ive already submitted it?

If it's triggered then it will be added to a queue for someone at UCAS to look at to look at the automated report.
If they think that there's evidence of plagiarism then they'll send a report to you and each of your universities.

The check doesn't happen until after your application is submitted to UCAS.

The UCAS similarity detection doesn't just compare against online content - it compares against every other PS submitted to UCAS.

Grammerly doesn't retain any content online as far as I know but you need to check that yourself
Original post by PQ

it says on the ucas website that it would only get flagged after 30 %
Original post by Joshua159
it says on the ucas website that it would only get flagged after 30 %

maybe they've increased the threshold

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending