The Student Room Group

RS C question

Hi, I’m doing some homework right now and am stuck on a particular C question (8 marks). I’d very much appreciate it if anyone could give me some guidance/a structure or provide an answer i could reword? The question is: “Explain the teachings relating to the creation of the universe from two religious traditions.” Thanks!
Original post by bookw0rmm
Hi, I’m doing some homework right now and am stuck on a particular C question (8 marks). I’d very much appreciate it if anyone could give me some guidance/a structure or provide an answer i could reword? The question is: “Explain the teachings relating to the creation of the universe from two religious traditions.” Thanks!

For an 8 marker, you need to make 4 clear points and explain them. You could even set it out in 4 different paragraphs to make sure you fully distinguish between the points you are making. My favourite way to structure this was using PEEL. I would make a simple point, such as, “one teaching from Catholicism that relates to the creation of the universe is that God was the creator of the world and all living things”. Then I would explain this by saying something like, “this means that there was no other influence in the creation of the universe, God is the one who is omnipotent and therefore only he has the power to create the universe and everything in it”. I would then provide evidence to support this. For example, the first words of the bible states that “in the beginning god created heaven and earth”. Then, I would link it back to the question by saying something like, “this teaching suggests that god is the only creator of the universe”. I hope this helps, this is just an example of what I would do. As long as you follow the structure and make 4 clear points, you will be fine
Reply 2
Original post by awade16
For an 8 marker, you need to make 4 clear points and explain them. You could even set it out in 4 different paragraphs to make sure you fully distinguish between the points you are making. My favourite way to structure this was using PEEL. I would make a simple point, such as, “one teaching from Catholicism that relates to the creation of the universe is that God was the creator of the world and all living things”. Then I would explain this by saying something like, “this means that there was no other influence in the creation of the universe, God is the one who is omnipotent and therefore only he has the power to create the universe and everything in it”. I would then provide evidence to support this. For example, the first words of the bible states that “in the beginning god created heaven and earth”. Then, I would link it back to the question by saying something like, “this teaching suggests that god is the only creator of the universe”. I hope this helps, this is just an example of what I would do. As long as you follow the structure and make 4 clear points, you will be fine

Thank you so much, I can’t even begin to explain how helpful your response was! I’ve now written the full response and am relatively confident that I’ll get a good grade - I wish my teacher was half as clear as you! Have a wonderful day and life :smile:
Original post by bookw0rmm
Thank you so much, I can’t even begin to explain how helpful your response was! I’ve now written the full response and am relatively confident that I’ll get a good grade - I wish my teacher was half as clear as you! Have a wonderful day and life :smile:

Awhhh it’s no problem. I’m so glad that I helped you. I hope you get a good grade and have a wonderful day and life too 😁😁
Original post by awade16

I would like to add that PEEL is a great methodology to follow for oral assignments too! If you ever need to do a spoken presentation, I'd recommend using this structure for that as well. It makes the info concise and easy to understand :smile: We use this in debates too lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest