Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting a private number calling me and not saying anything though I can hear someone in the background. Is it possible to trace the number? if so how do I go about doing it? Could my phone company also block the number from calling me?

ReputationRep:
    call MI6 maybe they know?

ReputationRep:
    if its withheld the only way to find out would be to report it to the boys in blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juggy123)
    call MI6 maybe they know?
    MI6 deal with international terrorism, i doubt theyd know

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there many hackers that know how to do this. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    type the number on google and it might come up with other people getting the same one? or where its coming from

You'd have to report it to the police in order to trace it. Chances are someone has just left their phone in their pocket and it's randomly calling people. I did this once at college and my mum wasted all my credit by earwigging on me ranting about how much I hate Xmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.22)
    type the number on google and it might come up with other people getting the same one? or where its coming from
    the calls on private number..hence you cant see the number, unless you complain to the cops, in which case they can trace it for you, still takes time, and they'll only do it, if the calls are disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    oh so only the police can trace numbers?
    dammit dont want to ask them I wouldnt know what to say lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    the calls on private number..hence you cant see the number, unless you complain to the cops, in which case they can trace it for you, still takes time, and they'll only do it, if the calls are disturbing.
    ohhhhhhh .... hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Kisses)
    oh so only the police can trace numbers?
    dammit dont want to ask them I wouldnt know what to say lol
    just say you've been getting death threats from the private caller, i'm sure that will work!

ReputationRep:
    Lol....there's no way you can trace the number if it's withheld.....

ReputationRep:
    dont answer it.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes automated call centres will ring your number while no-one's at the desk to do any talking. Or so I've heard.
    It could be someone calling by accident, or an idiot messing around. You can go to the police if it keeps happening and you feel threatened by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    Lol....there's no way you can trace the number if it's withheld.....

I'm sure there's a way. Would probably involve the police though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveJ)
    I'm sure there's a way. Would probably involve the police though.
    Lol I was talking about without the police....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.