Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If he sees a future in the relationship but you don't?

I love my boyfriend very much, but i know that when we get seperated for uni it's not going to work, so i am going to end it after this year of college.

But he has envisioned this wonderful life with me and wants us to get engaged and all that scary stuff.

Should i let him go now, or should i wait out the year and just see how things go?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you don't see any future with him? No way of fighting through the uni-stage to stay with him? If you're certain it's not, then I'd say let him go sooner rather than later so he can find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    if you know it won't work, staying with him is leading him on. You'd be completely unfair to do that to him. Why do you have to be separated to go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    let go now before things get so much worse ( telling you from experience :|)

ReputationRep:
    Do it now, don't string him along, hes gonna get even more attached.

ReputationRep:
    You should definately talk to him about how you feel, maybe then you can work something out together. It may be difficult, but it will makes things easier in the future if you both know where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    Guessing that your in your 2nd year of college. If so end it now so he can get over you before uni and enjoy the uni experience.

ReputationRep:
    You might be able to go to the same uni? Although, i've known many many couples do that, and unfortunately only one couple is left out of all of them, and they aren't particularly happy

There's still quite a while left in this year though, don't break it off just yet. This early, and you could end up falling for someone else. And you might work something out later on. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenFah)
    Are you sure you don't see any future with him? No way of fighting through the uni-stage to stay with him? If you're certain it's not, then I'd say let him go sooner rather than later so he can find someone else.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    No. It has to be mutual, which it clearly isn't. Unless you would consider being with him after college I doubt that it will work out. You should talk to him about how you feel, he might decide that he still wants to continue with the relationship anyway. But it wouldn't be fair to him if you led him on and made him think you feel the same way when you really don't. I'm sure it's hard so good luck :o:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.