The Student Room Group

Suspending studies

Hi

I am a new student who started studying BSc this September.
Sadly as I progress through my first semester, I am realising that I have picked a wrong course.

I am currently, considering to suspend my studies for a year to make a decision regarding my future.

My question is, as I decided to suspend studies and return in the future, what plan of repayments will I be assigned to? Will this be the one from this year or the one currently being used at a time of applying?

Thank you
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Kacper K
Hi

I am a new student who started studying BSc this September.
Sadly as I progress through my first semester, I am realising that I have picked a wrong course.

I am currently, considering to suspend my studies for a year to make a decision regarding my future.

My question is, as I decided to suspend studies and return in the future, what plan of repayments will I be assigned to? Will this be the one from this year or the one currently being used at a time of applying?

Thank you

Hi there,

If you decide to suspend your studies, the university will send us a Change of Circumstances Suspension notification to let us know. This will confirm the date of your last attendance and your maintenance loan funding will then be pro rated up to this date. This may cause an overpayment if you have already been paid for the full term. Don't worry, you can repay this back or we will deduct it from future funding for you.
Any other funding received which you are entitled to will be added to your repayment balance, to be repaid as normal when you graduate or withdraw from your course.

Thanks, Tina.
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,

If you decide to suspend your studies, the university will send us a Change of Circumstances Suspension notification to let us know. This will confirm the date of your last attendance and your maintenance loan funding will then be pro rated up to this date. This may cause an overpayment if you have already been paid for the full term. Don't worry, you can repay this back or we will deduct it from future funding for you.
Any other funding received which you are entitled to will be added to your repayment balance, to be repaid as normal when you graduate or withdraw from your course.

Thanks, Tina.

I think the question being asked is which repayment plan would apply - the one in place when they first applied, or when they resumed their studies? (Orr some mixture of both.)
Original post by Admit-One
I think the question being asked is which repayment plan would apply - the one in place when they first applied, or when they resumed their studies? (Orr some mixture of both.)

Hi,
Thanks for your response.

Usually a student will remain on their original plan type following a suspension, this would change if a student were to withdraw from a course and begin a new one.

Thanks, Tina.
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi,
Thanks for your response.

Usually a student will remain on their original plan type following a suspension, this would change if a student were to withdraw from a course and begin a new one.

Thanks, Tina.

Thanks for clarifying Tina, much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending