Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok, so I basically have a guy best friend. I have feelings for him but doesn't feel the same way, which he makes very clear. Its kinda hurt me but we are still best friends and we get along great. A few nights ago we we both were very drunk and we got quite close throughout the night but nothing too flirty. Then when we got back home he said not don't bother going back to your room just sleep here. I was drunk so I did. Then the next thing I know am laying there and he is on-top of me with his arms wrapped round me and we are falling asleep. I know this sounds quite innocent but it has really messed me up a bit because it leaves me asking myself if he has feelings for me, even though he has made it clear several times before that he doesn't. What I don't understand is why he would play games with me like this? Do guys just get like this when they are drunk?

Thanks in advance for any response

ReputationRep:
    he wants to have his cake and eat it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    I concur

ReputationRep:
    No, damnit. I want that cake. I'm hungry

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don't think that really means anything. I've been in a similar position before with a best friend, but you do have to realise he's just not that into you . Then again I'm probably wrong !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    I second..err...third that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so I basically have a guy best friend. I have feelings for him but doesn't feel the same way, which he makes very clear. Its kinda hurt me but we are still best friends and we get along great. A few nights ago we we both were very drunk and we got quite close throughout the night but nothing too flirty. Then when we got back home he said not don't bother going back to your room just sleep here. I was drunk so I did. Then the next thing I know am laying there and he is on-top of me with his arms wrapped round me and we are falling asleep. I know this sounds quite innocent but it has really messed me up a bit because it leaves me asking myself if he has feelings for me, even though he has made it clear several times before that he doesn't. What I don't understand is why he would play games with me like this? Do guys just get like this when they are drunk?

Thanks in advance for any response
    He's a lad. He wanted a shag. He knew you were easy. End of.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.