The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 applied science

Hi has anyone got there previous work for BTEC level 3 applied science unit 2 assignment 1 as I’m finding it hard to work out the calculations.

Scroll to see replies

Moved to Study help
Original post by ALI21000734
Hi has anyone got there previous work for BTEC level 3 applied science unit 2 assignment 1 as I’m finding it hard to work out the calculations.

hiya Ali, yh I got a bit if ur interested
Hi thanks for replying I still need help on it
I’m struggling on working out the experimental errors
If you know what the experimental error is though
lol yh ik what it. percentage experimental error is worked out by doing (measured value - true value/ true value. experimental error is basically like to what degree of error can be accepted. as in all measuring equipments have got some sort of degree of error, might be like 0.001. so for example, lets use the e.g of a scale. if u get a reading of 4g for example, nd the scale got an error of +- 0.001, then that would mean that the value could've been anywhere between 3.999 nd 4.001.
I’m struggling on working out the experimental errors
Hi do you know how to draw out the colotrimerty graph to work out unknown x and y
u mean the one that is absorbance against concentration, nd then using the graph's absorbance to work out a concentration?
Hi do you know how to draw out the colotrimerty graph to work out unknown x and y
Yes that one
Also what could you put for the evaluation part for both the titration and colourimertry
Also what things could you put for the evaluation part for the colourimertry and titration
9F71D7FE-4CDA-4F93-AE08-C818890B4047.jpg.jpeg
one the y axis, put absorbance nd on x-axis put the concentrations. then using the average of the results that u get, plot that onto a graph. ur graph should hopefully be linear, meaning a straight line. then using that, if u want to workout a specific concentration, u can go across from the absorbance nd read down to the concentration
Yes that one
talk about how reliable ur results were, meaning r they accurate nd precise. accuracy meaning r they close to their true value, precision meaning r the value u got close to one another. u can also ask ur mates about what they got as their results, nd then compare it. in the evaluation say that ur peers got the same. not the same results as u. if they got the same, then ur results r reliable as other ppl have supported ur results. if they're not the same then talk about y they may not be the same.

maybe u never calibrated equipment so value could've been incorrect
did u use a measuring cylinder. a better nd more precise equipment would to use a syringe
did u do repeats? how many? minimum is 3 as an ideal number
these r just some ideas, from which u can expand on, using them as ur strengths/weakness/ area of improvement.

talk about ur results. do they make sense nd agree with scientific knowledge? (may need to research what other sources say) how could increase reliability of ur results? maybe u can get someone else to do the exact same experiment nd see what they get nd then compare ur results to them.

u can mention more or less all of this in ur evaluation nd then even expand on them a bit more. ive got all of this on my program btw, like all the info u need for unit 2 and other units. like specifically for BTEC Applied Science
9F71D7FE-4CDA-4F93-AE08-C818890B4047.jpg.jpeg
hope that helps though; im here if u need any more help
Original post by BTEC Guru
talk about how reliable ur results were, meaning r they accurate nd precise. accuracy meaning r they close to their true value, precision meaning r the value u got close to one another. u can also ask ur mates about what they got as their results, nd then compare it. in the evaluation say that ur peers got the same. not the same results as u. if they got the same, then ur results r reliable as other ppl have supported ur results. if they're not the same then talk about y they may not be the same.

maybe u never calibrated equipment so value could've been incorrect
did u use a measuring cylinder. a better nd more precise equipment would to use a syringe
did u do repeats? how many? minimum is 3 as an ideal number
these r just some ideas, from which u can expand on, using them as ur strengths/weakness/ area of improvement.

talk about ur results. do they make sense nd agree with scientific knowledge? (may need to research what other sources say) how could increase reliability of ur results? maybe u can get someone else to do the exact same experiment nd see what they get nd then compare ur results to them.

u can mention more or less all of this in ur evaluation nd then even expand on them a bit more. ive got all of this on my program btw, like all the info u need for unit 2 and other units. like specifically for BTEC Applied Science
Okay thanks I’ll draw out the graph and write up the evaluation
Have you got a example of how you drawers the graph or anything
yh I do but student room not very good at sending those stuff

Have you got a example of how you drawers the graph or anything
Hi for the colourimertry results have you got any that I can compare to

Quick Reply

Latest