Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to bring up the stereotype game, but i hate the fact that girls go crazy over skinny indy boys :| with hair covering every inch of their face, and not a beard, just the hair on the top of their head.

Obviously its not just indy kids, but i just get annoyed thats all lol. Some of them at my 6th form look like they could try eating something to put some weight on, and yet they pull all of the time

Mind, i'm not saying that i should be pulling all of the time just cos i think i've got a decent build, cos i've hardly got prince charming looks unfortunately lol

ReputationRep:
    Slim, but kinda toned is best.
    Rippling muscles can be a bit gross.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    well actually bodybuilders like Coleman are very unhealthy. and the natural ones drop their bodyfat so low which is unhealthy in itself but also can be very dangerous.

but that is besides the point. nobody is criticising his commitment or achievment, they just think he looks disgusting. which is understandable for anybody that far from the norm.
    I meant that they are more healthy, not healthy (then I mentioned that in contrast to the natural ones). Also, most natural competitors don't drop their bodyfat so low as to have a longterm impact on their health, you should know that. Pretty ignorant to say the least.

And she should shut up and get an education before criticizing him and calling it 'disgusting'. I look at her as a fool, in the same way I would if someone who knew nothing of Christianity went into a church and said 'hahaha this is retarded'. If she wants to judge bodybuilding, then she should so some reading on the subject first.

ReputationRep:
    I like skinny but toned guys [hipbones/collerbones = mmm <3]

Or chubby guys [Patrick Stump is delicious]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    I meant that they are more healthy, not healthy (then I mentioned that in contrast to the natural ones). Also, most natural competitors don't drop their bodyfat so low as to have a longterm impact on their health, you should know that. Pretty ignorant to say the least.

And she should shut up and get an education before criticizing him and calling it 'disgusting'. I look at her as a fool, in the same way I would if someone who knew nothing of Christianity went into a church and said 'hahaha this is retarded'. If she wants to judge bodybuilding, then she should so some reading on the subject first.
    dropping your bodyfat to sub 3% is NEVER healthy. and sustaining such a diet that they have is again unhealthy. whether it has long term implications is negligible, its dropping to that level which is unhealthy.

and who are you to tell her to shut up? if she thinks its disgusting thats her opinion, and i think youll find that most of the population will agree with her. she was judging the way he looks, not the sport (of which she clearly knows little about). and before you say it bodybuilding and the way ronnie coleman looks are not the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    dropping your bodyfat to sub 3% is NEVER healthy. and sustaining such a diet that they have is again unhealthy. whether it has long term implications is negligible, its dropping to that level which is unhealthy.

and who are you to tell her to shut up? if she thinks its disgusting thats her opinion, and i think youll find that most of the population will agree with her. she was judging the way he looks, not the sport (of which she clearly knows little about). and before you say it bodybuilding and the way ronnie coleman looks are not the same thing.
    Actually, it is not negligible. Longterm effects are the very things we're looking at when discussing whether or not something is unhealthy!

She says it's disgusting, yet she knows nothing about the sport. If she looked into it a bit more, and saw reasons for why people do it, then she might not feel the urge to yell out that it's disgusting. She should keep her useless opinions to herself. If I saw a picture of her and found her unattractive, I wouldn't go 'you're disgusting!'. I have more decency.

ReputationRep:
    dude of course girls are gonna find it disgusting lmao, look at markus or ronnie wife, they are fugly

ReputationRep:
    Tall and muscular, but not too built. Rugby boys!

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Craig isn't tall, so you're not attracted to him, sorry. He has to meet your list remember? :p:
    He's tall in my dreams haha. Well, I'll settle for a Daniel Craig substitute :p:

ReputationRep:
    do you like my build? (check profile innit)
    :hubba:

Just don't wear muscle shorts and flex at every opportunity/show it off like muscle-bound freaks ...Hmm, so I guess personality does cut into it. Damnit and I'm trying so hard to objectify.

Rugby, American Footballers, and geek boys for the win! (Yes, I like geek boys, shuddup. Hell, I'd fall for Jack Black and unfit Simon Pegg over Brad Pitt any day.)

Pretty boys never did it for me. If a guy spends more time in front of the mirror than I do? Immediate turn-off (which means extreme body-builders, pretty boys, metrosexuals, etc.)

(...Geek boy is a body type, right?)

ReputationRep:
    I prefer big guys considering i'm pretty 'curvy' myself but it just depends on who u fall 4

I'd post my body on here, I did have it on my avatar then on my profile... but the mods got onto me :cry:

ReputationRep:
    i have got so much hair on my chest and stomach that it covers up any chance of getting abs. and i dont intend to shave it EVER. if i was a girl i would like a guy not too fat, not too thin, which is a large area to be in and most guys fall into it. also in terms of height i guess a girl wants a guy who like taller than them, and in heels taller or the same height as them?

ReputationRep:
    do you like my build? (check profile innit)
    Yes, a bit intimidating though. In sort of a good way. Need a bit of chest hair though. Still, very nice :o:

ReputationRep:
    i really like a rugby player kind of build. broad shoulders, strong arms. someone that just looks like they could pick you up like you weigh nothing. oh and they have to be tall. about 6 foot at least

but tbf, the last guy i dated was tall but quite skinny. so it's not really like they HAVE to be a certain body type or i won't even look twice at them

ReputationRep:
    Except height has nothing to do with build. :p:

These threads are so predictable lol.

That's lovely, but i was just saying i like tall guys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waiting.)
    That's lovely, but i was just saying i like tall guys...
    Cool.

Short girls ftw!

ReputationRep:
    Cool.

Short girls ftw!

Willy.:rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.