Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone out there had a perm done? Does it look any good? did your hair take to it?
    Ive always longed for curls as my hair is naturally dead straight, im just a bit aprehensive. Should I go for it or would it be a mistake? :p:

ReputationRep:
    i have one, see profile pic.

naturally i have dead straight hair, like the little girl from the ring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .pushing.charlotte.)
    i have one, see profile pic.

naturally i have dead straight hair, like the little girl from the ring.
    Its not really that wavey, I wouldnt think you have a perm if I saw you. Was it more wavey when you first had it done? Or did you want it like that. Looks nice though I want really big curls hehe

ReputationRep:
    that is probably the worst picture of it, come to think of it, LMAO.

it was very wavy when i first got it.

but tbh, if you want big curls thats gonna have to be done daily with tongs or straighteners, i don't know anyone with a perm who has gained massive curls that stay that way.

ReputationRep:
    I had one when I was 13 - biggest mistake of my life tbh.

Oh and it will look awful when you start getting roots - your hair will be naturally dead straight for about 2 inches, then suddenly curly/wavy. When it was growing out, it looked absolutely horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got one when she was 15 and hated it. After seeing hers I'd try to put anybody off getting one.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I want Katie Melua type hair, you all think its a bad idea then?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I wouldn't risk it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Aw, i'd love curls too, but don't have time to do it everyday with my tongs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.