Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXx Noor xXx)
    hey urmMm where is this video?? do you think you could send me a link?
    yh sure

ReputationRep:
    i've got an interview on the 1st dec!!!
    my average ukcat score was 683

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary dentistry interview....any1 have an idea on what they ask etc.? and what kinda questions do they ask about the DVD?

ReputationRep:
    had to change interview days as kings was on the same day.. was on the 4th dec.. now its in feb!!! whyyyyy????

does that put me a worse position???

ukcat was 660 average

ReputationRep:
    hey hey everyone!

I'm new to this but just wanted to ask how everyone is preparing for their interviews?? I've got mine on the 1st dec like a few other people and I'm feeling really nervous!! Anyone else applying for graduate entry dentistry?

Peace x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac87)
    hey hey everyone!

I'm new to this but just wanted to ask how everyone is preparing for their interviews?? I've got mine on the 1st dec like a few other people and I'm feeling really nervous!! Anyone else applying for graduate entry dentistry?

Peace x
    Im applying as a graduate, still waiting for a reply from qmul, kings and sheffield, but have an interview for newcastle on 3rd! I can't seem to find any straight answers about the kind of questions we will be asked though, I have spoken to a few people in same boat as us and they said that we usually get asked why we didnt apply first time round or if we did why we didnt get it... What are you taking for manual dex, and how much work exp. did you do?

ReputationRep:
    A few of my friends had interviews for graduate entry dentistry last year and none of them took anything for manual dex? So I don't think I'm going to bother...in my personal statement I mentioned playing the guitar but I doubt I'm going to be taking that into the interview!

Funnily enough because I can't make it for the actual grad interviews I think I've been slotted in with the undergrads because the letter from barts tells me that I'll be watching a dvd and analysing it!...which really isn't the norm for grad interviews.

Did work experience for two weeks but then began working at the clinic as a receptionist for part of the summer! How about yourself? Congrats on the newcastle interview! I hear they are an amazing dental school.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what a graduate can expect from interviews? I didn't realise there was a graduate interview period (i have applied to barts too and have not heard yet) when is it?
    Work Experience
    4 days at newcastle dental hospital
    1 week at sheffield dental hospital
    3 days at an orthodontist
    1 week in a small general practise (NHS)
    1 week in a big general practise (NHS and private)
    I spoke to some graduate entry people during work experience and they said newcastle uni expect you to have a lot more than the average work experience.
    Luckily i made some lower dentures at sheffield hospital soi will be taking that and maybe a few samples of my paintings on canvas, but not sure about that one ... it will be quite difficult carrying canvasses around!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on 15th December too!!! What time are yours? And any news on what the dvd is about!?

ReputationRep:
    I have a queen marys interview on 15th december too =D

It appears that they do it in order of UKCAT scores but with the rest of the application taken into consideration because everyone that had theres on earlier days appeared to have much higher scores! I might be wrong for assuming this, bit for the interviews on the 15th it appears people with a UKCAT score between 630 and 660 are being interviewed!

Any news on the dvd!?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was in order of ukcat... but i got above 660 and i still havent heard anything! (((((

ReputationRep:
    i got 603///yay!

ReputationRep:
    i've got my interview tomorrow, has anyone got any hints/tips? what sort of questions do they ask?

any help is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    hey does anybody know what was on the dvd and what kinda qs they asked
    thankss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.