The Student Room Group

Why can I spend 6 hours a day on tiktok but not 6 hours a week studying?

It’s actually so stupid how much time I waste. If I spend a fraction of the time I spend doing useless things on actually being productive I would’ve been so much more successful rn. The only thing in the way of me getting success and living the life of my dreams is MYSELF. Even if I spend a single hour a day working towards my goals that will get my much further than I am. I now understand what molly mae meant by we all have the same 24 hours in a day lol. But fr I’m so mad at myself I had to make this post to rant. And it will make no difference because I’ll hop right onto tiktok or other useless things right after this.

It’s just crazy that if I spend this single year grinding and working towards my goals i KNOW i will be so much more successful next year. I can literally change the path of my own life but I won’t?? Am I stupid
Put it simply, when you start working, you’ll value how much time you have and actually want to do well.

I was going to back to uni this year to do a masters but deferred a year (put the application in, got accepted and everything) as my employer (NHS) offered me my IBMS portfolio meaning I can legally become a BMS at the end of it, as despite me having the qualification, I need the portfolio to do it legally.

So, so someone who’s worked in a hospital now for 2 and a bit years, I can say when I go back, I am going to try A LOT harder with the experience I have and knowing and seeing just how far it can get me!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
It’s actually so stupid how much time I waste. If I spend a fraction of the time I spend doing useless things on actually being productive I would’ve been so much more successful rn. The only thing in the way of me getting success and living the life of my dreams is MYSELF. Even if I spend a single hour a day working towards my goals that will get my much further than I am. I now understand what molly mae meant by we all have the same 24 hours in a day lol. But fr I’m so mad at myself I had to make this post to rant. And it will make no difference because I’ll hop right onto tiktok or other useless things right after this.

It’s just crazy that if I spend this single year grinding and working towards my goals i KNOW i will be so much more successful next year. I can literally change the path of my own life but I won’t?? Am I stupid

There are apps that block or put a limit to your chosen apps or websites (e.g. you can only spend 20 minutes a day browsing instagram or tiktok). At first it's extremely hard to get used to it but it really shows you your own addiction. After a while it gets easier not to live on those things.
Original post by Anonymous

have you come across this term: flow state - (where we find it the most pleasing being totally immersed in some task. )
have you come across the 2 minute rule to go through the learning stuff?
are there enough colourful visual reminders in your environment related to your learning content?
what are your views of challenging yourself to taking controlled break times ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending