Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im currently doing GCSE Graphic Products at school. Edexcel is the exam borad. I have fallen way behind on all of my graphics coursework. If someone could give me 'hints' as to what to do for the coursework project and maybe examples of there own work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance!

ReputationRep:
    Is this the popup book? If so I'm doing it as well, and the only way to get on with it is to cancel all of your plans next weekend and do it, I'm afraid. If it's a subject that you enjoy then it shouldn't be too bad.

Vicki x

ReputationRep:
    it dont have to be a pop up book i dont think. it can be anything you like.
    would u be able to send me a few samples of your portfolio so i can see what needs doing. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i did a graphics products gcse and i got an A
    it was hell
    but im free to give any advice
    hint 1: DO NOT FALL BEHIND
    it will come back at you and murder you
    honestly...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I did it for GCSE, hated it, but got an A*. Exam I thought was really easy, it's the coursework that's really bad - as someone recommended do not get behind. It's pretty simple if you can come up with a decent idea, make sure you have all the correct pages in your portfolio, with the right stuff in. If I recall correctly the product you make is worth loads of marks, so that's the hard part. Luckily for me, my product was relatively simple to make. I did a promotional item, about educating kids about global warming.

There was a lot of work, and pretty much everyone needed to stay after school each week, just to keep up with the deadlines and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    hi, could you advise me on a really simple item to make, and do a portfolio on, as i am already way behind! (not down to me; graphics teacher left at start of year 10, and had cover teachers that didnt know what we were doing for the rest of the year; and at the start of this year it was springed on us that we were sitting our gcses in november (in maths and english) so we had solid eng & maths for 2 nd a bit months) so i have no graphics work atall! if anyone could seriously help me; send me some portfolio work, a list of what i have to do i would be ever so grateful!

Thanks in advance
    Sam
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Have you got a brief for your product? We had things like pop-up books, games etc.

ReputationRep:
    no I don't have a design brief... We are allowed to make our own design brief and need!!

So there's a totally blank canvas!!

All help appreciated!

Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think you need to speak to the head of DT.

How you have been treated with it is apalling.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ^^ Agree

How about creating packaging for a product? I know some girls in my class did a box for GHD's.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having to create a perfume bottle, packaging, and POS.
    It's absolute hell. Our teacher has us about 8 weeks behind, we're having to finish our bottles at home and after school, and we haven't even started our packaging, so we have to do that after school too. To make things worse, she's leaving in April, a month before our exam.

I'm okay at the written exam - I got an A - But i'm totally stuck for help with my design work. My bottle is okay, but how can I make my packaging when i have no money to pay the school for resources and no time at home, as I have loads of essays and stuff to prep for.

Help?!

ReputationRep:
    well im kindof on the right track now. (i think)

i am creating/ designing items/logos and packs that students at my school will need on a trip to india. I am including things like pull string bags, water bottles, and things like that, put the logo on it, put it in a fancy box, create a few posters, and done lol.

and i get to go to india!!! lol

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.