Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well with regards to not getting fruit and veg, there would be tinned and frozen and dried stuff to last you once the fresh has gone. You could cook like bread and stuff once the fresh stuff had died. Plus bottled water

I reckon 2-3 years possibly

ReputationRep:
    But who'd wanna live like that?! I know I wouldn't... I'd survive a few days at most.

ReputationRep:
    I texted AQA (any questions answered) and they gave me a figure... but im not gonna spill it yet. Im not sure whether I agree with it.

ReputationRep:
    Would just be like living at home would be a bit of a loner and would be insanely bored after riding in trolleys for the 1000th time but internet, DVDs, games

ReputationRep:
    Maybe survive for a a few weeks on the frozen and tinned stuff, have great fun with bikes and trolleys and other stuff in the supermarket and then I'd get severly depressed and bored on my own and kill myself most probably.

ReputationRep:
    this thread scares me.

ReputationRep:
    I just re-read the question and it makes no sense. There was a nuclear explosion, yet the supermarket is perfectly fine? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    you's survive for like a decade minimum, all the tinned & frozen stuff, to survive you basically need Water, carbs, fat and protein, you can be unhealthy and survive for several years, just because you dont get vitamins for some time doesnt mean you automatically die

ReputationRep:
    I would probably live indefinately. I don't give up hope, I'm always confident.

You could probably grow your own food, most supermarkets have seeds, and compost, and UV bulbs so you could grow plants. They'd grow fast too as you could keep them warm and in light 24/7.

I imagine there would be rats as well, you could eat them. And mice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oladz)
    you's survive for like a decade minimum, all the tinned & frozen stuff, to survive you basically need Water, carbs, fat and protein, you can be unhealthy and survive for several years, just because you dont get vitamins for some time doesnt mean you automatically die

Uh, scurvy? No vitamins = death eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends on how many Rape Zombies are in this scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people only saying a few weeks? How much do you people eat?!

(Original post by Phil2008)
    I just re-read the question and it makes no sense. There was a nuclear explosion, yet the supermarket is perfectly fine? :hmmm:
    It's one of those famed anti-nuclear super-markets, became very fashionable in the 70s dont'cha know?

ReputationRep:
    no vit c = scurvy, try the effervescent vit c tablets in the medicine isle, plus its in frozen veg probably, AND if you were smart about it, you would take all the fresh food essentials and stick them in freezers for the future :P

ReputationRep:
    You couldnt last more than 12 months without slowely becoming insane, striking up conversations with the imaginary guy in the bakery and acting out senarios with gingerbread men. And each night an army of frozen peas help you formulate a plot to escape to the moon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil2008)
    I just re-read the question and it makes no sense. There was a nuclear explosion, yet the supermarket is perfectly fine?
    explosion was hundreds of miles away but the wind was blowing in the wrong direction and with your ***** luck the fallout came your way lol

I think we should relocate the Jesus vs Muhammed fight to the super-market in an epic last man standing no-peas-barred scenario.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Kisses)
    You couldnt last more than 12 months without slowely becoming insane, striking up conversations with the imaginary guy in the bakery and acting out senarios with gingerbread men. And each night an army of frozen peas help you formulate a plot to escape to the moon.
    this sounds amazing

ReputationRep:
    Jeez guys, how hard is it to get a few heavy tins and smash a window to escape from the supermarket?

Would be quite fun if you were trapped with someone else though, the worlds best food fight......:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    Why are people only saying a few weeks? How much do you people eat?!
    exactly, there are literally tons of well preserved foods in a supermarket, only an idiot would starve to death within a few months
    :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.