Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    This scares me.

ReputationRep:
    I actually wonder this while I'm at work (in a fairly small supermarket).

I wouldn't trust most of the food where I work, so... about a day?

ReputationRep:
    if it was my local lidl where 1/4 of the stock is alcohol id say only a couple of months, but ti would be a very fun couple of months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    Tell the truth you have enacted this situation before haven't you? :yep: :rolleyes:
    Yes:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd get super bored and probably kill myself.f

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Kisses)
    Sounds like the plot for a film lol

haha i thought this, something like castaway, only tesco style

in answer to the question i'd say about a couple of years if you rationed properly

ReputationRep:
    I need to write a script for this film and send it off

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on the size of the supermarket and how much food is available to you, if it’s your average sized supermarket I reckon you could easily survive for a few years in it but if it’s a really small one then its likely you wouldn’t last for too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    I'd put all the fresh stuff I could in the freezers asap...kep me going on proper food for as long as possible.
    That said, I reckon you could live for quite some time on pre-made canapes, thousands of bags of frozen chips and peas and jam.
    If it was an Iceland, ALDI or LIDL I'd kill myself straight away though. A tesco Extra would be the most fun, but a waitrose (Big one) would have the best food ...or maybe an M&S. Sainsbury's would be good too. ASDA...not so sure.
    Actually I'd kill myself if it was a morrisons too. The fake village shops and market stalls with bad lighting would drive me crazy.
    I was thinking this. Surely you could freeze the fruit, veg, bread etc? I read through the pages wondering if someone else would write it!

And a while, years would be my guess.

ReputationRep:
    can u freeze the fresh stuff? .. i know u can freeze bread tho =]

ReputationRep:
    A good few years, I think.

ReputationRep:
    i reckon i'd kill myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Kisses)
    I need to write a script for this film and send it off
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely just smoke all the cigarettes and then the alcohol. Watch every single movie that they stocked, read every single book, magazine and newspaper.

If it was the ASDA they have in Harlow. I think thats the biggest one i've been too, it's like MASSIVE, bigger than IKEA. Then i'm sure you will be able to find things to do.

ReputationRep:
    Best thread ever.

Tbh, of the people saying "I'd probably kill myself" the vast majority would never have the guts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    Tbh, of the people saying "I'd probably kill myself" the vast majority would never have the guts.
    I think, in the circumstances, most would go through with it. I wouldn't have thought it really take guts to end your life when your life is solitary confinement in a supermarket.

(Original post by jodie_lee)
    I was thinking this. Surely you could freeze the fruit, veg, bread etc? I read through the pages wondering if someone else would write it!
    I was thinking that too; you could freeze some, but stuff like lettuce, cucumber and melon can't really be defrosted. they just melt. Guess you could still get all the vitamins and stuff by eating it frozen or drinking the weird gunge stuff they make.

ReputationRep:
    25 years?

I'd go insane before the day was out, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ununpentium)
    I'd go insane before the day was out, seriously.
    ha i already go past supermarkets and depending on their size and general look, say to myself 'yeah thats about a 10 yearer', or 'I could last 20 in that place'.

I had the supermarket sweep nightmare once - I was locked in the supermarket in the dark. Dale Winton was chasing me and leering with his leathery orange face. Baaaad

ReputationRep:
    Paddy's answer:

Well it all depends, is there a sale on?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.