Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Frozen meat etc. has a shelf life, don't know what it is though. Few years? Likewise most tins have a best before date of around 2-3 years into the future. Of course you can still eat stuff that is past these dates but I figure you'd run out before then. Tins and freezers in some supermarkets don't cover much space in the store. I hate tin shopping in Tesco, but ASDA has loads. You'd survive best in an Iceland as they tend to have the most space for freezing stuff.

ReputationRep:
    You'd die of boredom in a place like Iceland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    You'd die of boredom in a place like Iceland
    if kerry katona was there, you could prod her with a stick:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well stuff would go out of date.
    Some stuff that is quite vital to your nutritional needs, fruit, dairy products etc etc, even carbs like bread would go out of date quite fast.
    Personally I'd read loadsa magazines, watch the recommended movies and eat a shed load of junk food to make myself feel better about the fact my family had died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    I'd probably kill myself if the supermarket in question was Iceland.

I don't want to spend the rest of my days in a place that's endorsed by Kerry Katona.
    hey watch your mouth man Iceland rules...and NO I am not being biased because I work there or anything!:p:

But seriously if we talking about no supermarket sized places, just like the little co-ops and that, i would choose my Iceland store(only 3 isles). There's a lot of stuff in there and assuming like you said power/gas/water is still going you;d be able to live of all that food for ages. Plus since you have to go upstairs to get to the microwave and cooker(lmao yes we have one) and the cold room is upstairs, non chilled/frozen is basically lying around in huge stacks upstairs etc, forever basically. My ass the store room is locked! But tbh the loneness would get to me pretty quick i'd probably drink myself to death if I really was the only one left.

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason Mazal is against the Iceland idea is because they sell like no entertainment products, which are pretty useful for passing the time.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope in this scenario that the toilets work, so that the corner of the store dosent start looking like a logging company >_>

I would love it as long as it was a proper store (eg one with pc's, etc etc). Before the internet was down I would download several open ended games as well as lots of program/game creators.

I could just imagine creating maps the size of the world

Seriously though it would be kickass. It would be even nicer to have a hawt female but meh as someone said: thats what the melons are for.

ReputationRep:
    It does sound like a plot for a film and i would assume about a couple of years!

ReputationRep:
    Once all the tins were done with, assuming its a massive asda or tesco you'd be on frozen stuff for ages. I'd say it'd take a few months but you'd get bored of playing xbox and pc games and soon top yourself. It would make a **** film tbh

ReputationRep:
    I'd try and break into the storage room.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a few years? I'd try to eat as little as I can, and I'd freeze the fruits/veggies...

You can live off a couple of really fatty biscuits each day, along with dietary supplements. People were eating tulip bulbs during the world war II and they survived.

ReputationRep:
    I should be able to survive for at least two years. However, I will probably be mal-nourished and completely insane.

I'd ration all the food, and eat the perishables first. I don't eat much anyway. I think being locked in a Tesco's would be fun. The floor is very skate-able.

ReputationRep:
    Let's think about this:

- Tinned food - last forever. A few thousand of them.... so survive at least 2 years (horrible existence though)
    - Cereal + Milk (though the milk would run out after a while) could be eaten for a few months. and then cereal buy itself.
    - Making bread - LOADS of ingrediants to make it... at least a years worth of bread (plus you could make cakes and stuff)
    - Pasta - lasts for ages, and they have tonnes of it. Reckon a few months of it every day?
    - Frozen Food - getting through them all could take around 2 months
    - Fruit - would go rotten... so pretty useless here
    - Home made ready meal things - last a bit more
    - Sweets
    OMG THERE'S A SWEET AISLE.

I'd live there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music Is My Boyfriend)
    Well stuff would go out of date.
    Some stuff that is quite vital to your nutritional needs, fruit, dairy products etc etc, even carbs like bread would go out of date quite fast.
    Personally I'd read loadsa magazines, watch the recommended movies and eat a shed load of junk food to make myself feel better about the fact my family had died.
    you can make bread in the bakery though!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.