?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
or move it into h and r or general discussion so i get some response lollllll
elucidation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd say you should go for it and try and get in.. Despite a few idiots, it sounds as if you'd be happier at college than you are at sixth form right now.
bluelou
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
ahh okay thankyou. yeah i should try ignore them shouldn't i? could they turn everyone against me or label me as the sixth former? cos theyre so anti the school i stayed on at cos i thought i was diong the right thing. thing is i am aware of how contained it is and thats wh i hate it i mean theres only 1 or 2 people in my lessons for godsake.its just im going to find it really hard settling in and i feel theyre gona make it difficult and then maybe its not worth it and letting down my current shcool as well
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's very simple:

try to get in.
Try to enjoy yourself and learn.

If you do and they're being *****, then why should it bother you? why bother giving them authority over your emotions? they don't sound close to you, or like they're going to be nice, can't you just hang with the people who are nice?
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
could they turn everyone against you? well how are we meant to know?
bluelou
Rep:
?
well they are friends with the like large group of people that went there from my year 11. am i making a mountain out of a molehill here? like is it harsh what theyve said or do you agree because i kind of do the basic idea cos yeah it is really cut off like a little bubble.. ahhdsfj
i gues i just have to focus on the people that want me there its jsut yeah
sorry and thanks everyone
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
look
it's perfectly simple.

What do you want to do?
stay where you are?
move there?
move somewhere else?

never mind "what if's" from what you know, not think, but know, where are you led to?
go there.
jinglepupskye
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It seems to me that you have two choices. Stay where you are where you are in a small group with virtually one-to-one tuition in what appears to be friendly conditions, or move to college where you know that you not welcomed by at least some of the people and you will be in a larger class.

Is it in your best interests to move at all?

Would you do better to forget both of the above options and go to a completely different college where you know no-one and can make a clean start wthout baggage from the past?

To be honest, the ones at college sound like a load of turds and I would pay good money to stay away from them, but each to their own, I suppose.
bluelou
Rep:
?
(Original post by jinglepupskye)
It seems to me that you have two choices. Stay where you are where you are in a small group with virtually one-to-one tuition in what appears to be friendly conditions, or move to college where you know that you not welcomed by at least some of the people and you will be in a larger class.

Is it in your best interests to move at all?

Would you do better to forget both of the above options and go to a completely different college where you know no-one and can make a clean start wthout baggage from the past?

To be honest, the ones at college sound like a load of turds and I would pay good money to stay away from them, but each to their own, I suppose.

yeah i agree, thanks, see i want to leave and i finish a week and thinking it was hell and being so depressed in all my lessons. then i think i wish iw as at college, i see some of my friends who are there and they encourage me to go because its really good and i could meet their friends and i miss them a lot, but then there are nasty people there as well that could make it really hard for me to adjust and fit in and my current chool would be pissed i just left, ahh its so hard, i do want to leave but then i think mayeb i shouldnt and oh god. thankyou tho for your advice
bluelou
Rep:
?
:s
jinglepupskye
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bluelou)
yeah i agree, thanks, see i want to leave and i finish a week and thinking it was hell and being so depressed in all my lessons. then i think i wish iw as at college, i see some of my friends who are there and they encourage me to go because its really good and i could meet their friends and i miss them a lot, but then there are nasty people there as well that could make it really hard for me to adjust and fit in and my current chool would be pissed i just left, ahh its so hard, i do want to leave but then i think mayeb i shouldnt and oh god. thankyou tho for your advice
I've been thinking about it again and I think that what you really seem to be missing is being a schoolkid with loads of classmates and everyone being there. And now you've got just the 'workers', to some extent, and you miss the rest and that's why you are depressed.

It seems to me that you need to think about why you are at sixth form in the first place and what is more important, your social life or getting good grades at A level.

Getting used to being independent rather than being a sheep running round in a group is good practice for when you go to university. You wll probably be on your own there as well, knowing no-one and having to make friends as you go along.

Just laugh when your college friends tell you how wonderful it all is. They are hardly going to say that it's a nightmare, with loads of strangers and crowds everywhere. Having to fight for books from the library and queue for half your breaks to get a drink or something to eat. Not to mention putting up with the class joker who disrupts every lesson just to get his attention for the day.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. Try thinking about the advantages of being in the sixth form and try making better friends with the other sixth formers. And remember, you chose to stay in the sixth form rather than go to college. What were your reasons for making that choice and are they still valid?
bluelou
Rep:
?
(Original post by jinglepupskye)
I've been thinking about it again and I think that what you really seem to be missing is being a schoolkid with loads of classmates and everyone being there. And now you've got just the 'workers', to some extent, and you miss the rest and that's why you are depressed.

It seems to me that you need to think about why you are at sixth form in the first place and what is more important, your social life or getting good grades at A level.

Getting used to being independent rather than being a sheep running round in a group is good practice for when you go to university. You wll probably be on your own there as well, knowing no-one and having to make friends as you go along.

Just laugh when your college friends tell you how wonderful it all is. They are hardly going to say that it's a nightmare, with loads of strangers and crowds everywhere. Having to fight for books from the library and queue for half your breaks to get a drink or something to eat. Not to mention putting up with the class joker who disrupts every lesson just to get his attention for the day.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. Try thinking about the advantages of being in the sixth form and try making better friends with the other sixth formers. And remember, you chose to stay in the sixth form rather than go to college. What were your reasons for making that choice and are they still valid?
thankyou, yeah that is really true
i was worrying abou tit all summer because i didnt know whether to leave or go, and then just from nerves when it came down to it i stayed where i was. and yeah i do know what you mean it obviously isn't amazing amazing there but the fact they always go on abou tit is hard, and i think with me yeah thats exactly right i miss the like classroom atmosphere, and having 6 lessons a week on my own, another 6 where its me and people that wont talk to me no matter what because theyre too shy or whatever, it's just hard. because last year i was naturally i dont knowmore involved with likieeveryone and i guess i was kind of one of the disrupters which i know isn't a good thing but it wasn't like all the time, and i came away with good grades bcause i taught myself at the end like crammed, and i did work hard with homeworks through the year i just didn't understand that much in some lessons.
would it be ag ood idea to try another week where i am and raelly think about it? because if the college do offer me a place and i'm not sure it would be a bit of a pisstake right? i just hope this gets better. i've been told it gets better quickly but the thing is it hasn't yet and i've just been gettingmore deopressed and more shy. and also like pepole who liked me last year now have decided they don't simply because i am at sixth form, like forgetting all that i was and just labelling me like that, so it's not lie i can meet up with alot of them out of school, so it's not really an answer. i just see the same odd 1 or 2 people out of school from college and just yeah. okay im not sure if that makes much sense it's more just a rant to get things clear in my head. thanks again you can have some rep lol
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
which brighton sixth form are you at?
Are you talking about moving to BHASVIC?
bluelou
Rep:
?
(Original post by SiaSiaSia)
which brighton sixth form are you at?
Are you talking about moving to BHASVIC?
no, i don't actually live in Brighton anymore, i should change that lol
bluelou
Rep:
?
i've added a poll
jinglepupskye
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bluelou)
thankyou, yeah that is really true
i was worrying abou tit all summer because i didnt know whether to leave or go, and then just from nerves when it came down to it i stayed where i was. and yeah i do know what you mean it obviously isn't amazing amazing there but the fact they always go on abou tit is hard, and i think with me yeah thats exactly right i miss the like classroom atmosphere, and having 6 lessons a week on my own, another 6 where its me and people that wont talk to me no matter what because theyre too shy or whatever, it's just hard. because last year i was naturally i dont knowmore involved with likieeveryone and i guess i was kind of one of the disrupters which i know isn't a good thing but it wasn't like all the time, and i came away with good grades bcause i taught myself at the end like crammed, and i did work hard with homeworks through the year i just didn't understand that much in some lessons.
would it be ag ood idea to try another week where i am and raelly think about it? because if the college do offer me a place and i'm not sure it would be a bit of a pisstake right? i just hope this gets better. i've been told it gets better quickly but the thing is it hasn't yet and i've just been gettingmore deopressed and more shy. and also like pepole who liked me last year now have decided they don't simply because i am at sixth form, like forgetting all that i was and just labelling me like that, so it's not lie i can meet up with alot of them out of school, so it's not really an answer. i just see the same odd 1 or 2 people out of school from college and just yeah. okay im not sure if that makes much sense it's more just a rant to get things clear in my head. thanks again you can have some rep lol
Do the people in your lessons not talk to you at all, or just not during lessons? If they don't talk at all, maybe you could listen to what they do say and find out what they are interested in or passionate about. That way you know something to start a conversation. If they don't talk in lessons perhaps they feel that being in a lesson equates to sitting in silence being lectured at, or are you trying to have conversations about things other than the lesson? If they are really conscientious they may not appreciate any topic that isn't relevant to what they are learning, or find it distracts them so they learn less. In this case you could try discussing the ins and outs of the topic with them, giving them an alternative viewpoint.

You say you were involved with everyone last year - does that include the people in your lessons now? People are very fixed in their viewpoints, if you are from a popular crowd and they aren't, they may feel you are being intrusive by trying to be friends with them when you may not have been before. They may even resent you, because from their point of view all your friends have left, so now you want them, but they are second best.

Getting depressed and shy isn't the answer, because whether you stay or go it will affect your friendships. I know it's hard, but you need to make a conscious effort to be friendly, open and happy. Be yourself - people obviously like who you are. As for those waste of spacers that call themselves your ex-friends, forget about them! If their image and imagined superiority is more important to them then they aren't very good friends anyway. You have your whole life to think of, so if the sixth form will make your future look better than the college, then don't let them ruin that. Let them be smug with their in'ness, you'll get your chance when you are earning more than they are. :p:

The majority on your poll is for you to stay. It may not be what you want to hear, but at least think about why people are saying that you should stay.

Hope some of this helps a little!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.3%
No - I got the required grades (115)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.62%

Watched Threads