Oxford Law or Cambridge Law Watch

amyamy10011993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just wanted to know if I should go to Oxford for undergraduate law or Cambridge? Any suggestions guys?
Oladz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
go to the one where you have the best chance of getting in, its all good (maybe?/sorry )
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you researched the course content for either of those two courses? That would be a good place to start!

SJ_FallingFear
Report 10 years ago
Either you have missed the deadline or have a year to think about it!

Just read about the course content, tutors, and whatnot!
Jkid
Report 10 years ago
visit both see which you like best. Only you can decide which is right for you.
Invictus_88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have to say, I knew two really quite excellent girls who wanted to do Law (aye, though I know not why!) and they both plumped for Cambridge and are thoroughly enjoying it.

No-less, as with other suggestions here, I would echo that you should look at the course content.
Takahashi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the content is quite different, in cambridge there is quite alot more freedom as you have 5 optional courses while in oxford you take only 2 optional courses and both administrative law and jurisprudence are compulsory wheras in cambridge they are optional. However, the range of optional modules available at each is different.....
In oxford your "important" exams are after 3 years where you are examined over all your work from the last term of your first year to the end of your degree, wheras in cambridge you take exams at the end of every year. Cambridge also gives an option to take a dissertation paper which is not available in oxford, overall you study 14 units in cambridge compared with 12 in oxford, however this does not mean that cambridge is less work.
For oxford the LNAT is important., for cambridge it will not be required next year....
there are many other differences, also between the towns as much as the courses, and you should try and make some sort of reasoonable choice, rest assured if you get in to either you will be convinced you made the right choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (47)
29.19%
No - I got the required grades (94)
58.39%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.42%

Watched Threads