Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have red hair. It used to bother me a lot but now not so much. But I'm always bored of the style of my hair and the colour, and always want to change it. Problem is, hardly any dyes take to it! I do get sick of people who go, "But why do you wanna dye it? People would kill to have your hair."

ReputationRep:
    My hair is well thick, it makes it hard to work with I have to spend ages straightening it too because its curly i blame the gingerness. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    i thought red hair is great, when i arrived in england i was quite surprised why people mock them -,-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    well i don't know any redheads with fair hair, plus my hairdresser told me
    Here is a referenced article which may highlight why your hairdresser is a hairdresser and not a dermatologist.

http://www.keratin.com/aa/aa014.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    well i don't know any redheads with fair hair, plus my hairdresser told me
    You said "redheads have more hair to the head", what's that got to do with it being light? :curious: And anyway, didn't you once claim that you dyed your hair? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tut.exe)
    i thought red hair is great, when i arrived in england i was quite surprised why people mock them -,-
    Not everyone does. Ive never had a problem with people mocking me/being bullied or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had any woes connect to my hair colour. Tis auburn, ridiculously long and curly which makes it a ***** to brush, but thats about it. I quite like the colour and get lots of complements on it. The only thing is its getting very dark due to the lack of proper summer, I need sunshine to lighten it a bit :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    You said "redheads have more hair to the head", what's that got to do with it being light? :curious: And anyway, didn't you once claim that you dyed your hair? :curious:

yeah semi-permanent, so its a bit more 'redder' lol but i am ginger through and through, my mum and brother a pure..proper ginger, but im more reddy!! and do you know what fair hair is?? hmm lost in translation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Not everyone does. Ive never had a problem with people mocking me/being bullied or anything.
    Well you're just lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    Was it you who tried to dye your hair a different colour? (Naturally it's the hair that I'm interested in, rather than the dyer.)
    Once, in 2003: it looked atrocious, so I reverted.

ReputationRep:
    I love girls with red hair. I get mocked for it but who cares, I think its hot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    To what colour, if you don't mind answering?

I may not be ginger on the outside, but I'm ginger in my heart :yep:

(Damn you recessive gene!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Well you're just lucky!
    Yeah maybe, noone in my school was an arse really, unless they where bullieing other people and didnt have time to deal with me:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I have red hair though in some pics u cant c it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    I am quite fond of my red hair also. My hair is ridiculously thick, didn't realise it was common to gingers though.

But yeah, it's not a big deal, it's only hair really...
    If I remember correctly, we average thirty-thousand fewer individual hairs than other colours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Yeah maybe, noone in my school was an arse really, unless they where bullieing other people and didnt have time to deal with me:dontknow:
    Jealous :p:

ReputationRep:
    I love red hair :love:

I dye mine reddish purple but if I was naturally red haired or ginger I'd keep it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Memorable is the adjective I'd have chosen. >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    I love red hair :love:

I dye mine reddish purple but if I was naturally red haired or ginger I'd keep it
    I love your hair colour. I'd love to dye mine that colour but I don't think it'll take.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.