Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i have offers from both of the universities. Cass offered me AAB for banking and international finance and Birmingham ABB for economics and i am pretty confident that i can meet the offer...i hope lol. I am extermly interested in both of the cources and cant decide between them i guess their open day will carry the most weight. I know im not gonna get into the other uni's ive applied to so which one, in your opinion, is the best for future prospects, masters at different uni's and nite life etc.

P.S. i know about all the times, financial times and the guardian ratings thanks =) and ive asked my teachers but i would just like ppl's opinions on what uni they think would be better, thanks a lot =).

I personally would go for B'ham.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i guess the eco does give a more diverse course, and more choice for future stuff. then again cass's rep is better, awwwww soo confusing!

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham. It's a completly chilled out place and you'll love the campus. CASS is good, but all the people I've met from CASS are foreigners, nothing wrong with that but Birmingham's domestic/international intake is fairer which I think creates a better atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    Why Birmingham and not Aston Business School? :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm yea but say if i got 4 their open days can you reli get the whole social atmosphere of the university or even the course in 1 day?

ReputationRep:
    O right cuz i initally wanted to study eco, which is what my personal statement was based on. I wasent reli into the whole business school thing and i believed my chances of gettin into cass was lik 10pc. I applied for lse,ucl and warwick all for eco based courses but banking and international finance is well interesting too. How is aston btw lik rep and social life,contacts and employment isit better than cass?

ReputationRep:
    tricky situation. I'd say go for Birmingham - Econ opens mroe doors to a variety of things but CASS opens more financial doors.
    Plus not sure where you are from but B'ham will be cheaper aswell in terms of living.

ReputationRep:
    im in london and yeah i checked birmingham will be...to say the least cheaper but money isent that much of a prob saying that im prolly gonna come short, 3 for birmingham 0 for cass lits becomming lik a footy match XD thanks of the opinions ppl, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Surely your decisions should be based on Econ vs Finance? You need to figure out what you want to study. They are quite different; 3 years is a very long time. Look over the modules.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You should take into account the course more than anything else. Sure, it's one thing to compare Birmingham vs London (location) and Birmingham vs Cass (universities), but the reality is the course at each is very different and so you need to know whether or not you'll be able to survive doing that course for three years.

ReputationRep:
    i would go for cass. there are better career prospects and the night life is in london! when you leave uni you would have invaluable contacts in the financial world. btw when did you send your ucas off? and was your personal statement concentrated on economics?

ReputationRep:
    As a Cass student who has never been to Bham:
    Cass has #1) **** facilities (for your teaching, City University is a dump) and #2) great facilities (for learning, the business school where you don't have classes but you can go study / use the Bloomberg machines whatever)
    The standard of teaching in Cass is generally mediocre, but with a very wide range, ranging from people who not only are excellent lecturers but who have also worked in finance and can give insights based on that to lecturers who get a 20% turnout for their lectures
    The social life at City is **** but London sort of compensates.
    The career prospects are better than Bham if you're going into finance.
    The people at Cass range from total idiots to people who would fit in nicely at LSE or something. No super geniuses here, though there are some very ambitious people. Seeing how you wrote "well interesting," you'd probably fit in quite well with the idiots.
    University clubs and societies are basically dead.

ReputationRep:
    A.T yea i got offers from both and im with u on the career prospects in london, my personal statement was concentrated on eco but with banking hints. Yea i looked at both of the courses and both seemed 'well interesting' i even talked to the ppl currently going there. Teenage private i appricate the feedback on cass, however before telling me i would fit in with the idiots cuz i use the word well interesting u need to consider that this is a social site more than anything else my grammar or my spelling dnt matter but if u wanna look at it in that way ur retarded to tell me that im stupid cuz i wrote well interesting when you cant even compose all of your complex sentences with out using a swear word. Think about where u r and what ur writing b4 u send any more of ur crap.

ReputationRep:
    O btw i seriously doubt that you even go to cass cuz i have 8 known contacts in actural science, IRFM and the course i chose who tell me a lot different, im guessing ur a dumass that didn't get in now ur mad about it, if ur not then gimme some evidence of ur claims cuz i got mine from 8 contacts.

there are better career prospects and the night life is in london
    Nightlife in most large provincial cities is considerably better actually.

The city you do your undergrad in doesn't make your prospects any better... despite what people at LSE tell me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Nightlife in most large provincial cities is considerably better actually.

The city you do your undergrad in doesn't make your prospects any better... despite what people at LSE tell me.
    Yeah it's rubbish. Surely, if you are going to end up in the City, your undergrad years are an opportune time to live away from London. That is a personal choice though. Every university has hundreds of company's that visit regularly throughout the year. Any internships are done during the holidays also.

ReputationRep:
    btw rubzzz what other unis did you apply for? i went for ucl, lse, queen marys and cass. my school havent sent my application off yet! ><

ReputationRep:
    thanks again guys for the replys i reli appriciate the feedback, i thought that studing in the city did make ur prospects better i guess it might a bit becuase its london and just the name london univeristy carries a bit of weight but obviously not as much as i thought. A.T i applied to ucl, lse and warick all of different but eco based courses, industrial eco at warwick, eco and eco history at lse and straight eco at ucl. I also think my statement was very weak towards the eco history side but then again my chances of gettin into lse is almost non existant with AABB.

ReputationRep:
    lol! i also applied to eco and eco history at lse, straight eco at ucl! was gna do warwick but i thought i should have back up unis! anything from lse and ucl yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.